Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/15/2016 5:33:56 PM EDT
I was gifted a Surefire Centurion today, it's a Non C or M but just marked Surefire Centurion Serial Number is A00034.  I know from experience they have crappy battery life and was thinking about boring out the body for 18650 batts as I've got a ton of those and two chargers already. I'd replace the p60 with a CREE LED which in itself does no harm it's the boring out the body for the larger battery that would be my concern.   Does an Early Centurion have any collectors value or is it just another old Surefire?
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#1]
It likely has some additional collector value depending on its condition. Have you considered just buying a couple of 16650 cells? You can use your existing charger and new P60 without having to bore out the body. A 2200mah Sanyo cell should only cost around $8.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It likely has some additional collector value depending on its condition. Have you considered just buying a couple of 16650 cells? You can use your existing charger and new P60 without having to bore out the body. A 2200mah Sanyo cell should only cost around $8.
View Quote

FPNI.

Don't mess with the factory body.  There's just no need to bore a light unless your drop in has such high amp draw requirements that you MUST use an 18650.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top