Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/13/2016 4:40:49 PM EDT
Hello all,

I am trying to choose a weapon light for my current SBR build. I want something small, compact, light and I want it to sit really low on handguard/rail. The Inforce WML seems like the perfect pick and I really like the way the look, function and the price is right. BUT I keep reading horror stories and negative reviews about the polymer bodies cracking around the head of the light. Are there any lights out there that are a similar form factor but perhaps more sturdy??

Thanks
Jason
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 12:13:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Surefire Scout 300 series?   Switches aren't as ergonomic though.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 4:54:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Streamlight tlr series.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#3]
When *all 5* of my WMLx's cracked at the same location over time w/no abuse on my part, I contacted Inforce. They replaced them promptly and I was informed they were switching to a stronger material this Spring. I have no idea what that stronger material might be or if they've implemented that changeover yet.
However, until I know for a fact that new WMLx's are durable enough, I'll stick to my Streamlights/Surefires.

Tomac
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish I knew if they switched polymer. It doesn't seem like there are other options in this form factor and I think I am going to take the plunge and buy one. From the sounds of it, if or possibly when it cracks, they will swap it out for me and hopefully thats when I will get the new polymer version. Well see

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish I knew if they switched polymer. It doesn't seem like there are other options in this form factor and I think I am going to take the plunge and buy one. From the sounds of it, if or possibly when it cracks, they will swap it out for me and hopefully thats when I will get the new polymer version. Well see

Thanks
View Quote

They'll swap it out, but your replacement will break too.  Save your money until they for sure make some design/material changes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#6]
They need to contract with magpul to make the bodies.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:15:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or just make an aluminum body model.  I'd be in for at least 2 if they did that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Or just make an aluminum body model.  I'd be in for at least 2 if they did that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in for 4.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top