Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2016 9:56:16 PM EDT
So I finally got a light on my 14.5 light weight rifle, and I chose the WML. I chose this light because I wanted to keep the rifle light weight and I found it online for a good price. The WML is able to be light weight because it uses a polymer body instead of an aluminum body and it's mount is also part of it's body. This however is a double edged sword because it remains light weight but could lead to durability problems down the road. The light uses a momentary on switch meaning that it only illuminates when the button is pressed, if you release the light shuts off. A safety bar that blocks the button is built in to prevent the button being bumped and the light going off. The light in my opinion is ergonomic and very easy to operate. The 200 lumen beam is plenty bright indoors and works well well outside considering it is only a 200 lumen light. I did encounter problems where I would need to tighten the bezel to make sure the light would actually engage. This was irksome but an easy fix. Because of this I do not recommend running this light next to a brake, but then again I don't think you should ever run a light next to a muzzle due to the concussion that can rattle and damage internals. I am satisfied with this light and it is adequate. I bought this light understanding that this will not be a surefire but it is a solid light for around $100-120 depending on where you pick it up from. For a home defense light I do trust it and will probably put on my AR pistol build however due to the polymer body I would not put this on a rifle I would be taking overseas unless I had another one as a back up. Below is a link to a video review I did on the light.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWYX2wmCQoQ[/youtube]
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I finally got a light on my 14.5 light weight rifle, and I chose the WML. I chose this light because I wanted to keep the rifle light weight and I found it online for a good price. The WML is able to be light weight because it uses a polymer body instead of an aluminum body and it's mount is also part of it's body. This however is a double edged sword because it remains light weight but could lead to durability problems down the road. The light uses a momentary on switch meaning that it only illuminates when the button is pressed, if you release the light shuts off. A safety bar that blocks the button is built in to prevent the button being bumped and the light going off. The light in my opinion is ergonomic and very easy to operate. The 200 lumen beam is plenty bright indoors and works well well outside considering it is only a 200 lumen light. I did encounter problems where I would need to tighten the bezel to make sure the light would actually engage. This was irksome but an easy fix. Because of this I do not recommend running this light next to a brake, but then again I don't think you should ever run a light next to a muzzle due to the concussion that can rattle and damage internals. I am satisfied with this light and it is adequate. I bought this light understanding that this will not be a surefire but it is a solid light for around $100-120 depending on where you pick it up from. For a home defense light I do trust it and will probably put on my AR pistol build however due to the polymer body I would not put this on a rifle I would be taking overseas unless I had another one as a back up. Below is a link to a video review I did on the light.

https://youtu.be/cWYX2wmCQoQ
View Quote

Only members can imbed.

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
didn't a lot of people have problems with the plastic cracking?
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:34:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
didn't a lot of people have problems with the plastic cracking?
View Quote

Yes, along with a host over other issues.  Inforce WMLs are absolute garbage.

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=20&t=679155
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 5:31:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I understand team members can embed, but am I not allowed to write a review and post a link to it?
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I understand team members can embed, but am I not allowed to write a review and post a link to it?
View Quote

Make it URL link instead of a YouTube link.

It will be a direct link. The YouTube button is essentially an "embed media" button.

ETA: I didn't mean to come across as saying "don't make or link a review." I know I certainly appreciate hands on reviews. Thanks for taking the time to make it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I fixed the link and it now works, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't violating rules on here by posting video links. I like to do little videos and write ups because I know I prefer to see a video of a product instead of just a forum post where somebody says it's good to go or don't buy it because it sucks. A little video and details why it is worth money or not always is good for the consumer.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I fixed the link and it now works, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't violating rules on here by posting video links. I like to do little videos and write ups because I know I prefer to see a video of a product instead of just a forum post where somebody says it's good to go or don't buy it because it sucks. A little video and details why it is worth money or not always is good for the consumer.
View Quote

Appreciate it.

I bought one of the WMLx WIR versions. The White Light Illum is pretty good with a good combination of spill and spot. The IR is all flood and not nearly as useful.

I haven't shot that particular upper yet so I cannot speak to durability of the light.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#8]
That's interesting to know about the ir version.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top