Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/14/2016 10:00:35 AM EDT
I just picked up a G2X LE from optics planet on sale for what I thought was a pretty good deal. Since I'm planning on using this light as a WML, I'd like to disable the low mode. I've stripped the light down, but now am stuck. Here's what I've found:

You have to "cut " the traces on the circuit board to disable the low mode.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?325761-The-SureFire-P2X-B-quot-Fury-quot-500lu-flashlight-thread/page25

The G2X has two traces (I actually see 3, but I don't know what a trace even is so this is where I'm stuck). By cutting both traces, you remove the low mode. In this post, there's a "thingy" at 9 o'clock, one at 6 o'clock, and one at 3 o'clock connected to the contact.  Which ones are the traces?
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?383211-Can-i-make-a-Surefire-6PX-pro-a-one-mode-light

Of course, someone posted a picture of their single mode G2X with "both traces cut" but it's been deleted. I just want to be sure I'm cutting the right traces before I do this.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Better yet, if someone who has a G2x pro could please post a picture of their circuit board from the bottom of the flashlight
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 1:29:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Update: I cut one trace which stopped the flashlight from functioning properly. After reconnecting that trace, I proceeded to cut the other two visible traces which had no impact on the function of the light. bummer.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:18:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top