Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/8/2016 9:11:55 AM EDT
I just picked up a Streamlight Protac rail 1 and I need a keymod mount for it. I will be running it on a 13'' KMR or a 9'' KMR and would like to be in the 45 degree position and possibly slightly forward. Should I go BCM? IWC?
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm running a Arisaka Offset Keymod mount for my RM1 light on my 10" AR Pistol.  GREAT Mount!

Check it out here
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#2]
For a rail like the kmr that has mounting spots at 11 and 1 o'clock I like the inline mounts like the haley or arisaka.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For a rail like the kmr that has mounting spots at 11 and 1 o'clock I like the inline mounts like the haley or arisaka.
View Quote

Yea I am leaning towards the inline mounts for sure. Still not sure if I want to run the regular end cap or if I want to run the pressure switch.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Super happy with my kac
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been extremely happy with my Arisaka Inline Mounts. Their newest generation almost makes me want to update mine-- the 7075 version is slimmer, lights, uses the BCM nuts, and is cheaper than the alternatives. The BCM nut thing put my mind at ease, as I have seen some horror stories with keymod accessories messing up rails...makes me feel better when I put Arisaka stuff on my $200 rail that I know they are using OEM nuts that are designed to work with the KMR.

This is the one that I'm eyeing to update to:
http://arisakadefense.com/products/inline-scout-mount-keymod
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a half dozen keymod scout mounts. Arisaka forward catilever mount will cause light to interfere with MBUS bolt or arm at the upper 45 angle mount position. The Haley IWC mount is heavy and not high or tight enough, very wide left only slightly up. The MI is cheap plastic. The V7 is just OK but better position than IWC (which is my least faborite). Love Noveske for how high and tight it is but it would be too close for anything bigger than a Scout and too close for certain lasers. The adjustable Arisaka is the best option. I have a non forward cantilever that is my 2nd favorite with MBUS but cantilever is 2nd favorite with non MBUS.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 11:14:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a half dozen keymod scout mounts. Arisaka forward catilever mount will cause light to interfere with MBUS bolt or arm at the upper 45 angle mount position. The Haley IWC mount is heavy and not high or tight enough, very wide left only slightly up. The MI is cheap plastic. The V7 is just OK but better position than IWC (which is my least faborite). Love Noveske for how high and tight it is but it would be too close for anything bigger than a Scout and too close for certain lasers. The adjustable Arisaka is the best option. I have a non forward cantilever that is my 2nd favorite with MBUS but cantilever is 2nd favorite with non MBUS.
View Quote

Is this the one you're talking about? Will that one clear an MBUS?
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1039.photobucket.com/user/sowards27/media/EB5E321C-11EF-4575-821E-50199B816A83_zpsavcwf6ad.png.html" target="_blank">http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a472/sowards27/EB5E321C-11EF-4575-821E-50199B816A83_zpsavcwf6ad.png</a>

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1039.photobucket.com/user/sowards27/media/EB5E321C-11EF-4575-821E-50199B816A83_zpsavcwf6ad.png.html" target="_blank">http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a472/sowards27/EB5E321C-11EF-4575-821E-50199B816A83_zpsavcwf6ad.png</a>

This one will clear if you use the low or middle mounting holes.  If you use the high (Top) mounting holes, it will interfere.  (I have this mount and love it)
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 6:42:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This one will clear if you use the low or middle mounting holes.  If you use the high (Top) mounting holes, it will interfere.  (I have this mount and love it)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly correct
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:24:48 AM EDT
[#10]
BCM offset scout mount, Magpul MBUS Gen2, Surefire M300 Scout:

Pushing down on lever:

Not pushing lever:

Side Clearance:
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top