Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/3/2016 8:12:05 PM EDT
I'm looking for a couple of lights to put on a rifle and a pistol. I like the simplicity of single output lights. Amazon has them for $53. Searches show that they tend to be okay for ar-15 use. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 1:26:53 AM EDT
[#1]
G2X Tac is gtg.  Everyone likes it.  No one dislikes it.  It works good on guns.  It's cheap.  Chicks dig it.  Buy one and be done with it.  /thread
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
G2X Tac is gtg.  Everyone likes it.  No one dislikes it.  It works good on guns.  It's cheap.  Chicks dig it.  Buy one 4 and be done with it.  /thread
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Good to go indeed.

Link Posted: 6/4/2016 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input guys. Ordered two of them on amazon. I've seen most of your videos, mrgunsngear, I must have missed that one!
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

FIFY
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
G2X Tac is gtg.  Everyone likes it.  No one dislikes it.  It works good on guns.  It's cheap.  Chicks dig it.  Buy one 4 and be done with it.  /thread

FIFY

yeah, that's about right.  my mistake.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY

I have 3 or 4. I need 2 more.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks for the input guys. Ordered two of them on amazon. I've seen most of your videos, mrgunsngear, I must have missed that one!
View Quote

that's why you can't skip even one
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 5:28:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Somebody had a sale on foliage green G2X Tac lights a few months back, so I picked up a couple. Been very happy with them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 12:46:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I've picked up two on amazon so far. I quite like the tactical versions. I ordered another today. Much better aesthetically than a Streamlight HPL. Very happy with the purchases. Thank you guys!
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Oooooo, I think I need one for my carbine....
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Can anyone who has one of these please post a picture of the circuit board as seen from the bottom of the light?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 11:59:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I tried to get one for you to look at but i couldn't get the top of the light to unscrew.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I tried to get one for you to look at but i couldn't get the top of the light to unscrew.
View Quote

Thanks for trying. Surefire puts thread sealer on some of their newer lights probably in an effort to deter modding. I'm actually interested in the bottom of the circuit board, not the top, so it should be visible looking into the flashlight from the bottom with batteries removed.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thanks for trying. Surefire puts thread sealer on some of their newer lights probably in an effort to deter modding. I'm actually interested in the bottom of the circuit board, not the top, so it should be visible looking into the flashlight from the bottom with batteries removed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

apply some heat from a propane or butane torch.  Should disrupt the thread locker enough to get it unscrewed.  Just wear gloves and don't go too crazy with the heat.  It is a plastic light after all.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Instead of making another G2X thread...here goes. Anyone give one of these a go on their G2X?

Primary Arms tape switch
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 1:43:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Instead of making another G2X thread...here goes. Anyone give one of these a go on their G2X?

Primary Arms tape switch
View Quote

There are reviews on the primary arms website with guys saying they ran it fine on a g2x
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 6:20:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Anyone use these for home defense?  The lumens seems kind of high for a home defense light; too much chance of blinding myself, I would think.  I've been out of the loop on lights for awhile.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#18]
The SF G2X is not gtg for tactical Applications.
The new Version has a "click-Switch" with this
the use against 2 leged Predators is a risk to your life.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 11:26:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There are reviews on the primary arms website with guys saying they ran it fine on a g2x
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Primary Arms tape switch

You are correct. I think most reviews are based on the first few weeks of receiving the product though.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I have used one for years without problems.

However, I bought one of the Primary Arms tape switches and it didn't work. They don't guarantee that it will work, and pretty much said so when I asked why it wouldn't activate the light.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 7:13:18 AM EDT
[#21]
If given the choice, and money is no object, give me a surefire m300/600 series.

But I love both of my G2X'so! Great lights. Tough as hell too.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top