Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2016 6:33:59 AM EDT
Hopefully I put this in the right area. Since the tape switch is operating  a DBAL I2, I assumed this would be an appropriate location for this thread. I built a high quality battle rifle. The pictures, that are linked below that hopefully will work, is the current setup I'm using for my tape switch attached to the dual beam aiming laser. The more I think about it the more I believe there is probably a more professional, quality option than what I've done. Granted, what I have done is effective, I was hoping the tribe could give me some different options that I may not already know about. The rail is a Bravo Company KMR.  I'm aware of the LaRue options as well as the Ergo options however they are for picatinny. While I know I can attach a picatinny section is there another option maybe that attaches directly to keymod?  This would be preferable as I have smaller hands and would like to keep the rail profile as thin as possible. Also, when I originally built the rifle it wore an Inforce WMLX light on the opposite side rail on a thorntail mount. I've since taken it off and may be replacing it with a scout or similar variant of some sort in the distant future. When suggesting tape switch mounting options, for now it'll just be for the one, but is there also something that can operate both the DBAL and a similar weapons mounted light in a high-quality, professional, low profile set
up? TIA

pic 1

pic 2

Also, I should add even though you can probably tell in the pictures, that the tape switch is actually mounted on a keymod rail cover using Velcro.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not seen a keymod specific mount for tape switches like you want, but if how you have it gets you what you want just run it. There is no SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) on how to run equipment on a rifle, though most prefer to run the switch on top for "ambi" control.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hopefully I put this in the right area. Since the tape switch is operating  a DBAL I2, I assumed this would be an appropriate location for this thread. I built a high quality battle rifle. The pictures, that are linked below that hopefully will work, is the current setup I'm using for my tape switch attached to the dual beam aiming laser. The more I think about it the more I believe there is probably a more professional, quality option than what I've done. Granted, what I have done is effective, I was hoping the tribe could give me some different options that I may not already know about. The rail is a Bravo Company KMR.  I'm aware of the LaRue options as well as the Ergo options however they are for picatinny. While I know I can attach a picatinny section is there another option maybe that attaches directly to keymod?  This would be preferable as I have smaller hands and would like to keep the rail profile as thin as possible. Also, when I originally built the rifle it wore an Inforce WMLX light on the opposite side rail on a thorntail mount. I've since taken it off and may be replacing it with a scout or similar variant of some sort in the distant future. When suggesting tape switch mounting options, for now it'll just be for the one, but is there also something that can operate both the DBAL and a similar weapons mounted light in a high-quality, professional, low profile set
up? TIA

pic 1

pic 2

Also, I should add even though you can probably tell in the pictures, that the tape switch is actually mounted on a keymod rail cover using Velcro.

View Quote

Surefire has a dual tape switch, but I think it's for Surefire and ATPIAL devices.
http://www.surefire.com/remote-dual-switch-for-weaponlight-sr-d-it.html

Site sponsor TNVC will have a system called "T.A.P.S." out soon that will accomplish what you're looking for coming out in the next year or so.

http://www.recoilweb.com/tnvcs-t-a-p-s-system-59013.html
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:36:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:36:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Heavens! You need to hurry up with this. It sounds awesome and a perfect fit for my needs as well as many others I'm sure. Major problem...? I read Recoil! How did I miss this!!! I wonder if anyone else has any other good options in the interim?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:38:42 AM EDT
[#5]
As a side note, and I'm sure you've already thought of this, but please allow for the use of both the Light and Laser simultaneously instead of just one or the other.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:40:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As a side note, and I'm sure you've already thought of this, but please allow for the use of both the Light and Laser simultaneously instead of just one or the other.
View Quote

Pretty sure it's programmable so that you can have many different ways to set it up.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top