Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/20/2016 5:02:34 PM EDT
Some foxes have tried to kill my indoor/outdoor cat and I caught them having him cornered last night against the house. I need a scope that'll do 100 yards and have night vision and preferably a red dot as well. I don't hunt at night, so there is no need for me to spend 1000 dollars on a scope, is there an inexpensive scope that I can mount to my AR15 that will cover 100 yards, have night vision with ir and a red dot?

I'm looking for ideas, I'll youtube the scopes and check pricing if I can get ideas. I'm not opposed to scopes from China either, thanks for reading.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:18:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi, thanks for the reply.

2 questions, does the first option have a red or green dot? And does the second option have night vision, or is it just an IR illuminator?

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#3]
The ATN Scope has a digital reticle with couple different options to choose from. I don't think there is  NV compatible method to utilize a red dot sight in that price range.Someone may come along and correct me though.

The second link is not an IR illuminator it is just a green tinted flashlight that has really good range.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#4]
You sold me on that first scope, I checked out some youtube videos of it like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQev7Fo_UlE

and it is badass. I will own these foxes yet! Does it come with an ar15 mount or do I need to buy that separately?

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The ATN Scope has a digital reticle with couple different options to choose from. I don't think there is  NV compatible method to utilize a red dot sight in that price range.Someone may come along and correct me though.

The second link is not an IR illuminator it is just a green tinted flashlight that has really good range.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#5]
It will come ready to mount to a flattop receiver.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I would just put a nice light made for throw on the rifle, in combination with a red dot sight. Night vision is expensive, and for the price you want to spend...your gonna get junk, that probably won't last.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top