Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2016 11:56:31 PM EDT
Has anybody else has had the color beam on their SureFire X300 Ultra weapon light shift from bright white to yellow with time and use? My two most commonly used lights are yellow. I have cleaned them after use, replaced the batteries, + the color beam remains yellow. I have another X300 Ultra weapon light that has very little use + the color beam is bright white still. How can I fix this?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:06:46 AM EDT
[#1]

not sure how you can fix that issue without replacing the head unit.  my only X300U has seen a lot of use.  never had a yellow or yellowish beam.  lens has been wiped clean of powder residue many times.

are you 100% certain its an authentic surefire?

I would also contact surefire and let them know the issue you are having.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#2]
A lot of people don't realize this, but the LEDs vary in terms of color by batch.

One batch may have an ice blue hue, where as one batch may have a bright white hue, where the other has a yellow hue.

I've never head of the hue of the LED changing over time.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#3]
My black X300U-A is bright white while my tan was yellow and I HATED it.  So much so that I sold it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:45:31 PM EDT
[#4]
CPF is that way >>>
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top