Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/5/2016 9:17:13 PM EDT
Back in November I asked for help identifying device in this photo. Augee came through  and properly identified it, and several months later I have FINALLY found one to complete the M14 I built in memory of Randy Shughart. The rifle will now be 100% equipped the same way Randy used it on his final mission.

Thanks again, Augee.

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 11:11:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Augee is good people.

Post pics of completed rifle, pease!
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 12:33:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad you were able to find one!

If you don't mind my asking, where did you find it, and how much did it set you back?  I haven't really ever tried to acquire one, but I'd always thought it would be interesting to have one.  

It'd be interesting to see what it looks like under NODs as well.

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 4:31:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Augee is good people.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Augee is good people.

The laser is still in transit, but this is how the rifle sits without it.

Quoted:

If you don't mind my asking, where did you find it, and how much did it set you back?  I haven't really ever tried to acquire one, but I'd always thought it would be interesting to have one.  

~Augee

I found it on eBay by complete chance. I seriously thought perhaps it was never released outside of the military and gave up searching a long time ago. Then, this past weekend I had a fit of boredom and decided to search again. Typed in Israeli Laser and was completely shocked to find this a few pages in.

Former Delta operator Larry Vickers confirmed that the laser was the only piece missing from the rifle, so I had to have it no matter the price: $500. Luckily no one fought me for it.

I am an armorer for my unit so I will definitely get some photos of the laser through NVGs!
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q662/Vaughan06sf/B92C1E01-4D10-4B99-A8E3-BA5D8862AEA0_zpso5gwmsfe.jpg
I found it on eBay by complete chance. I seriously thought perhaps it was never released outside of the military and gave up searching a long time ago. Then, this past weekend I had a fit of boredom and decided to search again. Typed in Israeli Laser and was completely shocked to find this a few pages in.

Former Delta operator Larry Vickers confirmed that the laser was the only piece missing from the rifle, so I had to have it no matter the price: $500. Luckily no one fought me for it.

I am an armorer for my unit so I will definitely get some photos of the laser through NVGs!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Augee is good people.

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q662/Vaughan06sf/B92C1E01-4D10-4B99-A8E3-BA5D8862AEA0_zpso5gwmsfe.jpg

Quoted:

~Augee

That is awesome. And Augee is awesome too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow that thing looks like a brick! That's back in the day when things were well built though. Congratulations on your find.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:15:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Just to close this out;

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:43:40 PM EDT
[#7]
That looks fantastic, and a great tribute.  Well done.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Absolutely fantastic job. Thank you for taking the time, energy, money and effort to do that. BZ.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That looks fantastic, and a great tribute.  Well done.
View Quote

^ this
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Excellent, time for a new avatar
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top