Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/4/2016 5:47:35 PM EDT
I've been looking around and came across the arisaka offset mount for my new lightweight build. The reason i picked it was because i'll be using diamonhead 45 degree flip out sights and i know they are a little chunkier than most. This makes it difficult to mount the light in that offset position i love. So, when i saw these and saw there is a small amount of adjust ability on how close to the rail it sits really got me pumped. I've always been a gearsector guy. My question is, does anyone out there have any experience with these mounts and how durable are they really and also how extreme is the adjust ability. thanks
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the mlok one mounted at 11:00, I have had no issues with it and love the mount, as far as adjustment goes, there is not much. I had to sand down some of the tab on the side of my mbus for it to fit.

Link Posted: 4/6/2016 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#2]
do you have to remove the cap of the light to actually mount it to the rail?
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 7:16:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, you have to remove the tail cap
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I had their CMR scout mount & now the keymod mount.  I also have one of their 300 series scout lights.  Great products & customer service.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#5]
good to hear, thanks guys
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:55:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Have you checked out the Haley Strategic mount? If your sight is as thick as MBUS sights, the BCM offset scout mount is a great option as it does not interfere with my MBUS sights and an 11 o'clock mounted M300.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 12:09:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you checked out the Haley Strategic mount? If your sight is as thick as MBUS sights, the BCM offset scout mount is a great option as it does not interfere with my MBUS sights and an 11 o'clock mounted M300.
View Quote

I have had both and feel that the Arisaka mount is the better, more simplistic and rugged design.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 12:18:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have the mlok one mounted at 11:00, I have had no issues with it and love the mount, as far as adjustment goes, there is not much. I had to sand down some of the tab on the side of my mbus for it to fit.

<a href="http://s1053.photobucket.com/user/Brad_Gilliam/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150404_111018.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s462/Brad_Gilliam/Mobile%20Uploads/20150404_111018.jpg</a>
View Quote

That's a sweet weapon light mount.....I like.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I have an Arisaka mount - awesome, lightweight stuff.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:57:42 AM EDT
[#10]
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/thorntail-backbone-300-light-body/

yonder light body has offset adjustment built in, I suppose coupled with a mount that had
adjustment one could have even more adjustment.

The arisaka one is just thinner and more compact in the mount area, my Surefire one rubbed my
MBUS a bit as the other poster mentioned, I don't think the arisaka one would but it's on a FSP
gun.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I have one on a Geissele MK4 handguard.  It's a perfect fit for an SDN6 suppressor.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:44:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I have had both and feel that the Arisaka mount is the better, more simplistic and rugged design.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has anyone looked at the mounts under NV? Haley had a YouTube comment trashing Arisaka as competition grade but I wasn't sure if he was referring to the mounts or some kind of flashlight body they make. Whatever it was, apparently they don't coat it to lower the signature
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:20:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Has anyone looked at the mounts under NV? Haley had a YouTube comment trashing Arisaka as competition grade but I wasn't sure if he was referring to the mounts or some kind of flashlight body they make. Whatever it was, apparently they don't coat it to lower the signature
View Quote

All of our parts are bead blasted and MIL-A-8625 Type III class 2 hard coat anodized. This is the same type of anodizing that manufacturers use on their rail systems, upper and lower receivers, etc. The IR signature will be similar to all the other rifle components.

If you want to reduce the IR signature further you will have to consider alternative coatings like gen 2 cerakote or some types of paint. Of course, you'd want to apply this to the rest of your rifle as well, not just a small light and light mount. :)
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

All of our parts are bead blasted and MIL-A-8625 Type III class 2 hard coat anodized. This is the same type of anodizing that manufacturers use on their rail systems, upper and lower receivers, etc. The IR signature will be similar to all the other rifle components.

If you want to reduce the IR signature further you will have to consider alternative coatings like gen 2 cerakote or some types of paint. Of course, you'd want to apply this to the rest of your rifle as well, not just a small light and light mount. :)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the quick response
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Can anyone direct me to this video?  I personally use Arisaka mounts and have recommended them to plenty of people.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can anyone direct me to this video?  I personally use Arisaka mounts and have recommended them to plenty of people.  
View Quote

I rather not derail the thread. I just had a question and Arisaka answered it. I've heard nothing but good things about their mounts either, except for this comment. I wasn't sure if the signature was obscene or if Haley was just referring to it not have the further reduction that he had prioritized for his mounts. Lucky for us Arisaka gave us the answer themselves, which answer is what I expected, their mounts having the same signature of the rest of 99.9% of the ARs out there. Really nothing to say more. The mounts you've been using are still as great as they were before
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:13:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I rather not derail the thread. I just had a question and Arisaka answered it. I've heard nothing but good things about their mounts either, except for this comment. I wasn't sure if the signature was obscene or if Haley was just referring to it not have the further reduction that he had prioritized for his mounts. Lucky for us Arisaka gave us the answer themselves, which answer is what I expected, their mounts having the same signature of the rest of 99.9% of the ARs out there. Really nothing to say more. The mounts you've been using are still as great as they were before
View Quote

I found the comments on the youtube video. He states that we do not milspec hard coat our light bodies, but we do, and always have. The IR signature on our parts is no different than their stuff.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top