AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/12/2016 4:35:52 AM EDT

Basic specs:

Output: 320 lumens
Runtime: 2.5 hours
Length: 5.20'
Bezel Diameter: 1.25''
Weight w/Batteries: 4.4oz

The big appeal for most folks is the price point matched with Surefire's reputation for durability.    Although it's not rated by Surefire as a weaponlight, many here (including myself) use it as one.    I've used mine on everything from ARs to shotguns and it's still going strong.

The 2016 version of the light also features a tailcap clicky switch with my earlier version doesn't have.

Full review and beam comparisons with the Elzetta Bravo and Surefire 6PX Tactical:

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Great video. G2X Tactical is a good light.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks; can't disagree with you there.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:59:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Any plans to boost the output since that seems to be the industry trend.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have 6 of these lights I believe. Great weapon light and hand held light. Quality and output is perfect as far as weapon light and interior use to not blind against a white wall.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Have one mounted on my AR, zero complaints.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 10:20:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Great video. I picked up the pro version vs the tactical to use as a weapon light.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:30:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Great video. I picked up the pro version vs the tactical to use as a weapon light.
View Quote

Thanks.  Why did you go Pro?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:41:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because he is new and doesn't realize you don't want multi-stage lights on a weapon unless they are purpose made.

Hootie - battery chatter will cycle the levels on your light under recoil.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:58:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Because he is new and doesn't realize you don't want multi-stage lights on a weapon unless they are purpose made.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Pro is a good handheld light, not good to use on a rifle.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Any idea on where to get the 2016 version
With clicky tailcap?
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Any idea on where to get the 2016 version
With clicky tailcap?
View Quote

I just got one from Amazon. I got the pro because I am not going to be mounting this one on a weapon.

Tac $57

Pro $62
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks-I know they're on Amazon but wanted to confirm
that the tactical is shipping with the clicky tailcap. (As in 2016 stock)
Don't want to derail the thread so pm me if you have other leads.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 1:59:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks-I know they're on Amazon but wanted to confirm
that the tactical is shipping with the clicky tailcap. (As in 2016 stock)
Don't want to derail the thread so pm me if you have other leads.
View Quote

i will let you know next week, i ordered one yesterday but don't have prime. but from the reviews it seems they have the click cap now and not the turn for on with momentary push switch.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:04:08 AM EDT
[#14]
That would be awesome--I'll wait for your to arrive. I need 2.
so definitely want to confirm.

Guess we'll find out next week for me too
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 11:44:20 PM EDT
[#15]
hey no problem, i will post up the day i get it and let you know.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I just sent one of you a message but for everyone else---the one at the video description link has the 2016 tailcap---at least 10 of my viewers have told me this FWIW
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Do they sell the 2016 tailcaps or have a part number? They discontinued the Z58/9's so this would be much welcomed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:23:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm pretty sure most new G2X tacticals for sale are the click tailcap, I bought one in June 2015 that has the click tailcap.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasnt aware the batteries would cause a problem.  Guess I have a rad handheld now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#20]
for all interested SKD has confirmed to me that all p2x and g2x lights they are selling are
the new models (with clicky tailcaps)
They're even updating the respective webpages to reflect the changes.
You're welcome
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:39:38 AM EDT
[#21]
I've bought three G2X Tacticals in the past couple of months.  The two I got from Amazon were clickies.  The one I got from Battery Junction was not.  So there are definitely some non-clickies still out there.  I put the non-clickie on a rifle and use the other two as handheld lights.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#22]
So outside of single vs dual outputs, what is the difference in the tactical and pro?
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Not sure--I don't know what tailcap the pro has-- but all G2x tactical lights from SKD tac
are the new ones. Just got mine in and mounted up!
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So outside of single vs dual outputs, what is the difference in the tactical and pro?
View Quote

pretty much the same light except for the single vs dual thing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:14:17 PM EDT
[#25]
just wanted to confirm that the one i got from amazon today is the click tail cap. you have to turn the tail cap in enough for it to make contact but the tail cap is click to activate full on or light pressure gives you momentary on. and i have to say i love this light! but i am afraid i will wear out the batteries playing with it it's so nice. and i got it mounted  using old school weaver one inch low mounts. they work perfect and you get two so now i have a an excuse to buy another G2X light

here is the rings i used: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002IOG7S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

and thank you plouffedaddy for the video and turning me onto this light! and by the way love your other videos too!
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:18:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
just wanted to confirm that the one i got from amazon today is the click tail cap. you have to turn the tail cap in enough for it to make contact but the tail cap is click to activate full on or light pressure gives you momentary on. and i have to say i love this light! but i am afraid i will wear out the batteries playing with it it's so nice. and i got it mounted  using old school weaver one inch low mounts. they work perfect and you get two so now i have a an excuse to buy another G2X light

here is the rings i used: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002IOG7S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

and thank you plouffedaddy for the video and turning me onto this light! and by the way love your other videos too!
View Quote

You're quite welcome
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top