Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/6/2016 11:47:06 AM EDT
Hey guys, I'm trying to decide which direction to go with a laser for my AR.

I have a Surefire X400 Ultra and a have a tape switch for it and the cap to get that working, so no problems there getting it mounted and functional on my AR. I also have a DBAL-I2. At present, I have no IR capability, but I do like the laser on it and it comes with a tape switch too.

My AR currently has a great Surefire light on it in the 6 o'clock position that I control with a switch mounted on my VFG. I'm thinking it might be a better idea to run the DBAL as a separate laser, than try to mess around with the settings on the Surefire 400 between flashlight only or laser only or flashlight and laser at the same time.

Thanks for any advice/opinions you might have on this.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd just use them separately and not worry about it.

Once you have NOD, then you can use it how it's intended.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#2]
That was a useless response, but thanks for playing.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#3]
your wording isn't the clearest, no offense meant.

Is the light mounted at 6 o clock the x400 or another surefire light?

Are you wondering how you should activate 2 separate devices conveiniatly?

ETA: makes more sense to me after reading a few more times.

I would leave the gun as is then mount the DBAL at 12 o clock without the tapeswitch.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top