Link Posted: 2/2/2016 5:51:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What do ya'll think?
View Quote

FWIW here's my review:

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#2]
But the OP was asking about the ProTac HL 3.  

Great review of the TLR-3, but not relevant to the post.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:44:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Ha! Correcct you are.  Read the title wrong; I apologize
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:21:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure you did a review of the HL 2..?

I do have 2 of the HL 2's and no issues with about 1,500 rounds in a VLTOR ADM mount on a couple of diffent uppers.

In comparison; yes the HL 3 will be ridiculously brighter than many other options. Almost like blind you inside bright. It is also 7 inches long and 9 oz, so kind of piggish. If you're going to be outside and can handle the weight, it would probably be good to go. But, lots of good options in the price range. A little less, the HL 2 or Surefire G2X. Also have the Surefire 6PX and a little more you can start looking at the Elzetta's.

Don't get wrapped up in only illumination. How do you want the light to work? Tail Cap clicky, or tail cap twisting? Maybe a tape switch now, or the ability to add one later. Do you want momentary on? How about ONLY momentary on. Single output or dual (think Hi and Low). If dual output, do you want low-high, or high-low? Lots and lots of options.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I do have 2 of the HL 2's and no issues with about 1,500 rounds in a VLTOR ADM mount on a couple of diffent uppers.

In comparison; yes the HL 3 will be ridiculously brighter than many other options. Almost like blind you inside bright. It is also 7 inches long and 9 oz, so kind of piggish. If you're going to be outside and can handle the weight, it would probably be good to go. But, lots of good options in the price range. A little less, the HL 2 or Surefire G2X. Also have the Surefire 6PX and a little more you can start looking at the Elzetta's.

Don't get wrapped up in only illumination. How do you want the light to work? Tail Cap clicky, or tail cap twisting? Maybe a tape switch now, or the ability to add one later. Do you want momentary on? How about ONLY momentary on. Single output or dual (think Hi and Low). If dual output, do you want low-high, or high-low? Lots and lots of options.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did indeed; about 4 years ago.    Agreed with the not getting wrapped around the lumens point, lux/candella/lumens all matter.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I did indeed; about 4 years ago.    Agreed with the not getting wrapped around the lumens point, lux/candella/lumens all matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't plan on using it inside, so I think the high output won't be a negative.

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#7]
The hl3 is big, it's bright but almost too big for me, just picked up 750 lumen protac at cabelas for $64, it's brighter than 600 lumen model in a brief 2 min side yard tryout . More testing to be done.  I also have the HL3, 600 lumen protac, scorpion Hl, and Eag p3x fury. Here are some pics for comparison
P3x on left, Hl3,protac, scorpion

Hl3 on left, p3x, protac, scorpion
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top