Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2016 4:16:05 PM EDT
GF's AR, 16" carbine with a DD FSB rail (sides and bottom extend past the front sight post), my goal is to have the flashlight as far forward as possible, while mounting the pressure switch near where she likes her support hand.  What's the best way to do this?  Any rail covers have this sort of thing built in?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I noticed on the Streamlight site that they include a couple of small pieces of "skeleton" rail covers with their new weapon light. I've no personal experience with these, but it reminded me of what your asking.  I would also consider looking into using some heat resistant zip ties, such as an automotive style, or maybe through a Fastenal dealer.

Good luck on your search.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:13:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a TLR 1 HL that uses the same setup as this Protac.  It works well.   I used LaRue Index clips to secure my cord.  They are the best solution for routing your cord with Pic rails.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:30:00 PM EDT
[#3]
surefire X300
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:31:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Clicky tailcap.  Cords suck.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 10:21:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Tango Down makes rail covers with a groove/recess for pressure switches.

Here's the link, gotta still down a little
TD switch rail covers
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#6]
depends on the swich I like the td pocket rail panel & the cable  clipindex clips
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Clicky tailcap.  Cords suck.
View Quote

said the guy with 2 perfect handspaddels tapes are great if you've broken a few fingers, a wrist, or have numbness ans can't feel or reach the cap
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 4:22:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Zip ties.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 11:22:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Zip ties.
View Quote

Yep. Screw the fancy stuff.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top