BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 1/15/2016 10:07:49 PM EDT
I was on Streamlight's website and I see they have a couple new weaponlights that look like competitors to the Surefire Scout line.

First is a 2 CR123 model called the ProTac Rail Mount 2.

Second is a 1 CR123 or 1AA model called the ProTac Rail Mount 1.

The price makes them pretty attractive.  Botach lists (but doesn't have) the 2 cell model for $100 ETA now $125. While I like my Scouts a lot, they are pricey and it's hard to justify more than the few I have despite being quality lights. Comparing my hand held ProTac to a comparable Surefire you can tell the difference in quality. Still, if these prove to be durable and reliable, it sure would be nice to have a scout alternative that is a bit easier on the wallet. I guess the TLR lights have been pretty good. Should be interesting to see how these shake out.

ETA. Now Botach is listing them for $125 for the 2 cell and $115 for the 1 cell. I guess that gives us an idea, but seeing the price change from when they were first on there, maybe it's best to wait until dealers actually have them for sale.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 10:11:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to see more options, might have to give these a try!
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 10:14:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I trust streamlight. I'll be buying one.

ETA what price are we looking at?
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 10:36:09 PM EDT
[#3]
About all I could find on the prices were product listings at Botach and sportsmans-depot. On both the 2 cell model came in around $100 (Botach now says $125) give or take a few dollars and about $92 for the single cell model. I'm guessing this is just too new for it to be on many distributor sites yet.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you seen any mention of the ability to change out the mount from the picatinny to a mount like the BCM scout mount? I'd be willing to give it a shot.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:27:50 PM EDT
[#5]
My guess is that they are the same mount pattern as the SureFire and will fit everything they do
Also, I'd imagine the release announcement will be at SHOT then available after.
It's good to see Streamlight with these new releases.
I wish they'd designed a more robust remote cap like the receptacle on the TLR Longgun series
ETA
Looks like they have a new TLR-1 HL @ 800 lumen
Available in two new colors

Also upgrades to

TLR-2 HL

TLR-2 HL G

TLR-6

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 1:40:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Definitely interested in that single cell version. If it's around $100 I imagine it will be a big hit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 1:52:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I will be buying these as soon as they are readily available. This will save me some serious coin.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 2:05:04 AM EDT
[#8]
After putting off a Surefire purchase for years, *of course* Streamlight comes out w/this right after I buy 2 M600U's!
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 3:04:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the heads up, this is my first time hearing about them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 3:05:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Tan tlr for the win
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 3:14:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for sharing OP. I'll be keeping an eye out for one of these.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 3:29:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Of course after I buy a tan 300u
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 4:21:41 AM EDT
[#13]
That 1 cell protac light looks sweet.  Will probably pick on up.  I wonder if it has the 8-32 screw holes in the bottom like the scouts have?  That would be sweet.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:01:44 AM EDT
[#14]
The fact that they come with the upgraded dual pressure switch for momentary and constant on for little more than Surefire charges for their switch alone and that they carry the Streamlight reputation makes them a winner from the start.  The ability for the Rail Mount 1 to use both AA and CR123 batteries is icing on the cake.  I'm definitely picking up at least one Rail Mount 2.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:56:41 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm going to get the tlr6 for my kahr carry pistol
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm liking the duel fuel capability even if the lumenosity is less with a AA battery.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tan tlr for the win
View Quote

And I just realized that the tan ones don't have the silver ring on the bezel!!!  Even more win!
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

And I just realized that the tan ones don't have the silver ring on the bezel!!!  Even more win!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tan tlr for the win

There's a tan TLR? Dang. Whenever I get around to buying that Beretta M9A3 I'll be all over that.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Have you seen any mention of the ability to change out the mount from the picatinny to a mount like the BCM scout mount? I'd be willing to give it a shot.
View Quote

The item description says the mount is fixed... I hope it's removable.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That 1 cell protac light looks sweet.  Will probably pick on up.  I wonder if it has the 8-32 screw holes in the bottom like the scouts have?  That would be sweet.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Where do you see tan TLR's?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

6th post down first link
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

6th post down first link
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

6th post down first link

Well.. I'll be damned.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#24]
tag for prices
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:42:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Sweet! Was starting to look for a m600u I think I'll wait now
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you look at the close up pics, the mount is clearly bolted to the body. Hopefully it's the same mount pattern as the Scout. It appears to be, but for all we know they could have changed the spacing or something. But hopefully not.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 11:44:51 PM EDT
[#28]
TAGSCRIBE.

In to see $ and availability for FDE TLR-1
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 12:33:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Dual power is a deal killer for me.. Weapon lights should have one power... It says you can program it to a high only mode... but still.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 12:46:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Wonder if that pressure switch and tail cap assembly will be available separately and if it will fit one of the 1k lumen Protac lights
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 12:55:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I trust streamlight. I'll be buying one.

ETA what price are we looking at?
View Quote

I do too.
I'll buy many $100 Streamlight 620 lumen "scouts."
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 4:24:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Dual power is a deal killer for me.. Weapon lights should have one power... It says you can program it to a high only mode... but still.
View Quote

I agree but if you can set it and forget it that would work too. I'm pretty excited to see these new products. I'd like to see some competition to the Scout (V) series lights.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 8:28:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2016 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Excellent! Now I can pull my poly tac off of my rifle and use the magpul offset rai punt with this if it is same as sure fire. The magpul mout is nice as it does 1 inch tube lights or a scout.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

The protac series allow you to set the mode and it will stay on that mode until you go through the programming steps again. I use a protac 2l at work and it has never all of a sudden started changing modes if you set it to high only.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The protac series allow you to set the mode and it will stay on that mode until you go through the programming steps again. I use a protac 2l at work and it has never all of a sudden started changing modes if you set it to high only.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's good to know. I think you can program the TLR-1s to not strobe as well, but I've never tried.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The odds are low.. but much like life finds a way.... So does Murphy....

In my opinion, there is no need to have different power levels on a weapon light, as I would not be using it to navigate or do anything that would require me to point my muzzle at anything other then that which I might want to engage.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 11:30:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Tag for info. I'm in the market for my first real weapon light.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 10:37:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Thank you for your inquiry.  The railmounts on the Protac rail mount series are integrated into the design of the light and are not removable or interchangeable with other lights. Pricing is as follows:

Part #Item Description Min
Recommended
OrderUPCMSRP 88058ProTac Rail Mount 112080926-88058-0$175.00 88059ProTac Rail Mount 212080926-88059-7$190.00 
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

The railmounts on
the Protac rail mount series are integrated into the design of the light
and are not removable or interchangeable with other lights.  
View Quote
View Quote
That closed the door on my consideration

Link Posted: 1/18/2016 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#41]
I hate how everything has to be proprietary. It really defeats the purpose of the modern mentality to make everything modular and open source.

But looking at pictures it looks identical to a scout. So that means either that rep that sent that is incorrect, or they deliberately made it a different bolt pattern.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Tag to follow reviews.  Thanks for the help guys
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#43]
I think i'll stick with my TLRs but these are interesting.  

thanks OP

Im still saving up for a tlr-2hlG
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm liking those new Protac lights.

ETA:  I noticed Botach is listing the single cell model at $115.  Not bad if that is going to be actual street price.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Awesome .... I'll be buying several
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

why are these more attractive to you over the tlr long gun series???

esp if the new hl is 800 lumens, am I missing something??
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are lower profile usually, especially with an 11 or 1 o'clock mount.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
After putting off a Surefire purchase for years, *of course* Streamlight comes out w/this right after I buy 2 M600U's!
View Quote

I know, right?

These look great.  Very intrigued as to the comparisons with Surefire's versions.

And Larue, where are the mount combo's on the website already?!?

ETA, saw the mount was integrated into the design .

I'm out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 4:38:50 PM EDT
[#49]
HOLD THE PRESS.  CS JUST EMAILED AGAIN.

My correction,   they are removable and can be used with either the Surefire or Larue product.   I apologize  for the confusion as this light was just presented to us on Friday.  It comes with a wrench to remove the mounts.

Regards,
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

My correction,   they are removable and can be used with either the Surefire or Larue product.   I apologize  for the confusion as this light was just presented to us on Friday.  It comes with a wrench to remove the mounts.

Regards,

Awesome to have that confirmation. I'm in for a single cell for sure.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top