Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/9/2015 4:59:11 PM EDT
ETA Tan in the title -

Is the tan x300u-a being or already been discontinued? WTF? I thought that it was a permanent addition to the product line after the long-touted 'original run of 500' sold like damn wildfire. WTF is up with SF? I can't get an answer out of them and can't find a definitive answer on Google either. People would buy x300u-b's, more -a's, and x400's in tan like damn hotcakes. Tan is in. Look at all the tan glock's, m&p's, HK's, etc etc. Ppl cerakoting everything. How hard is it anyway to send the raw x400's, for instance, to be anodized tan instead of black?
Anyone?
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 4:37:24 AM EDT
[#1]
They're probably going to make the X300U-B in tan

The manual on my black X300U-B states both tan and black on the front.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 1:49:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Anodizing something in a tan/FDE/coyote color can be problematic at best.  Quite difficult to get consistent coloration between batches, I'm told.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 2:09:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
ETA Tan in the title -

Is the tan x300u-a being or already been discontinued? WTF? I thought that it was a permanent addition to the product line after the long-touted 'original run of 500' sold like damn wildfire. WTF is up with SF? I can't get an answer out of them and can't find a definitive answer on Google either. People would buy x300u-b's, more -a's, and x400's in tan like damn hotcakes. Tan is in. Look at all the tan glock's, m&p's, HK's, etc etc. Ppl cerakoting everything. How hard is it anyway to send the raw x400's, for instance, to be anodized tan instead of black?
Anyone?
View Quote

I just ordered a FDE X300U-B today from Arms Unlimited for $200, looks like they're back in stock.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 2:42:39 PM EDT
[#4]
from the horse's mouth here: AKA SF rep; no X300U-b. They are trying to do away with all tan lights in the future and are immediately doing away with tan in the x300 series as it is hard to get consistent colors - aka SCAR problems - with the anodizing. Sucks balls, for a company so great at CS and in tune with the user's needs (other than their occasional vaporware games) IDK why the f they would do away with tan lights at a time like this. The rep advised simply getting the SF of your choice and cerakoting it, but then advised me if I baked it- it would probably fuck it up and definitely void the warranty. Obviously on stuff like the Scout series, you are going to be able to bake parts of the light but not the head with the potted electronics/chips/driver or the tailcap w/clicky/circuitry. Inevitably Bubba is going to bake that shit and then expect them to fix it... I actually heard of a few guys baking theirs (whole X300) around 170-ish and it only crazed the glass a little ... still would use air-cure, like an optic.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 12:01:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I just ordered a FDE X300U-B today from Arms Unlimited for $200, looks like they're back in stock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ETA Tan in the title -

Anyone?

Thanks for the heads up, didnt even realize these were in existence.

Got my X300B-U tan ordered.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:54:27 AM EDT
[#6]
and got it and realized it was actually a -a version (tan) and that you only get the -b if you order black... waaa waaaaaaaa
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah.  AU's site sucks.

Got mine too and it was an A.

Emailed their CS "Surefire only makes the tan in the A model".

Me- "then how come I can select tan as an option under the X300U-B?"

No answer.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:55:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Sucks that they aren't doing colors other than black anymore

I saw a X300U-B in grey on instagram but it belonged to a SIG academy guy on a grey legion P226 so I'm sure that was a one time deal for the SIG dudes.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:14:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah.  AU's site sucks.

Got mine too and it was an A.

Emailed their CS "Surefire only makes the tan in the A model".

Me- "then how come I can select tan as an option under the X300U-B?"

No answer.
View Quote

This was my experience. I noticed after I complained, they put a disclaimer on the website that indicated the tan units were A models, not B.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Tan has been discontinued on all surefire models
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top