Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2015 7:51:47 PM EDT
I wonder if there is any CCW lights meeting the following specs:

--shorter and/or thinner than "typical size" for CCW; ~5.5 in. length x ~1.5 dia.  (such as the Surefire G2X or P2X Fury)?
--single output with of "moderate" lumens or better
--tail cap button with press for momentary-on/off only (no click for constant on/off with tail cap)
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Surefire EB1T

Call BrightFlashlights.

It is a dual output but the switch works by pressure, a soft press is low light and a hard press is high. If you have a CCW incident all you gotta do is mash the piss out of it and it'll work on high, no switching modes or any other nonsense. It isn't cheap but it is an outstanding light.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Bright Flashlights.   Ask for an Elzetta Alpha with high/low cap.   Much better than the surefire having owned both.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting.  I wish could try one before buying.

Hard press for high power in a tactical situation sounds pretty intuitive.

I wouldn't have appreciated the need for simplicity as much as I do now after shooting in the dark in a couple of classes (requiring light on, light off, move, "Was it a threat?", light on, shoot).

I really like my Surefire Fury Tactical, but I'm not commited enough to carry it's extra bulk all day.  Problem is, it sometimes gets dark before I get home or I may find myself inside a dark building at any time of day or night.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I prefer the pocket clip versatility and design of the Surefire, as well as its throwy beam and positive feeling button.

I've carried my E1B in my pocket every day for 6 years, 3 of which seeing frequent usage in filthy oilfield conditions, and I've not even worn through the original tailcap rubber.  It's a beast.  My only complaint has been the very non-tactical switching system, which is why I'll surely be getting an EB1T at some point.  The clip has held its dimensions well and I clip it to my cap regularly.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Any pocket clip options for the Elzettas?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any pocket clip options for the Elzettas?
View Quote

Yes
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top