Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2015 10:05:05 PM EDT
Just ordered a Surefire 300C for $215 at OpticsPlanet with 20% off coupon at http://www.opticsplanet.com/surefire-mini-scout-flashlight-w-z68-click-switch.html

I thought it was a good deal to share.

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:50:19 PM EDT
[#1]
When did the m300c come out?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 3:29:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When did the m300c come out?
View Quote

I got an email from Surefire announcing the C version last April.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:34:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Not Bad.

X300U is:
- lighter (4.0 oz)
- Cheaper
- brighter (500L)
- comes with a mount
- and you can use it on both your rifles and your pistols

Mount it at 12:00 (in front of your DD1.5 / fixed sight) and you don't add anything to the profile of the gun and gives you perfect placement for momentary activation

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not Bad.

X300U is:
- lighter (4.0 oz)
- Cheaper
- brighter (500L)
- comes with a mount

Mount it at 12:00 (in front of your DD1.5 / fixed sight) and you don't add anything to the profile of the gun and gives you perfect placement for momentary activation

View Quote

If you put them on the scale, I think the weight is about a toss up. Scout series is way tougher and I prefer the switch over the X series
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If you put them on the scale, I think the weight is about a toss up. Scout series is way tougher and I prefer the switch over the X series
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not Bad.

X300U is:
- lighter (4.0 oz)
- Cheaper
- brighter (500L)
- comes with a mount

This, plus the 12 o'clock position doesn't work for everyone........... Scout is preferred for long guns.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Gratuitous Scout photo.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:18:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Not Bad.

X300U is:

- lighter (4.0 oz)

- Cheaper

- brighter (500L)

- comes with a mount

View Quote
The 500 lumens is a bit much for me indoors. I'd rather have the scout.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:22:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Pat Rogers reports that they have no issues using the SF Fury lights indoors. He stated that the extra lumens really helps in letting you get a much better picture of what's going on around you. I dunno, I don't run shoot houses, but he does.

SF FURY comparison

ETA: Just sharing info, not meant to counter the poster above.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:44:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Pat Rogers reports that they have no issues using the SF Fury lights indoors. He stated that the extra lumens really helps in letting you get a much better picture of what's going on around you. I dunno, I don't run shoot houses, but he does.

SF FURY comparison

View Quote
I don't discount his experience by any means, but I've been through a few shoot houses and very, very few (I haven't seen any) are like the interior of my home. I actually have mirrors and framed artwork with glass on the walls that are pretty good at reflecting light back towards you. I find the 300 lumen lights to do well indoors and reasonably well outdoors. I would take the higher lumen light for dedicated outdoor use though. I recommend borrowing and trying out as many lights as possible before committing a few hundred bucks to something that may not work for your intended purpose.

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 10:03:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't discount his experience by any means, but I've been through a few shoot houses and very, very few (I haven't seen any) are like the interior of my home. I actually have mirrors and framed artwork with glass on the walls that are pretty good at reflecting light back towards you. I find the 300 lumen lights to do well indoors and reasonably well outdoors. I would take the higher lumen light for dedicated outdoor use though. I recommend borrowing and trying out as many lights as possible before committing a few hundred bucks to something that may not work for your intended purpose.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SF FURY comparison

I did some simunition training in an abandoned mental hospital down in S. LA (amazing venue for that!), and there were shiny doors, white walls, mirrors...everything. People with 200 lumen lights did just as well as people with 800 lumen lights. The one thing I did notice to my advantage was "lumen overmatch". When I hit someone with 500+ lumens, and they had 200 lumens, I was able to see MUCH better than they were in a shootout. I confirmed this verbally afterwards, as well as through practice, doing. There is an argument for lumen overmatch.

That said, the M300C is pretty darn effective. It does very well in and out-doors.

Remember, there were some bad dudes in the 80's who did a lot of killin' of 'Murica's enemies with Maglites taped to their M4's...
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 7:36:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not Bad.

X300U is:
- lighter (4.0 oz)
- Cheaper
- brighter (500L)
- comes with a mount

It's all about beam profile.

The older X300 heads were terrible inside and those were only 200 lumen.  The new 500 lumens put out a fat beam with a huge spot - it just bathes the whole room in light, has plenty of throw, and doesn't blind you inside.

The profile is similar to the Fury that Pat Rogers likes.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 3:12:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Have it for $185 at Armsunlimited. Link
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#13]
DSG had them for $209 over the weekend
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Thats a pretty sweet deal, considering I just sold my six year old M600 with the Kx2x head for $235 on ebay. I think it was the 200 lumen model. Replaced it with the x300u at 12 o' clock.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Have it for $185 at Armsunlimited. Link
View Quote

They had them yesterday, but are showing out of stock now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

SF FURY comparison

View Quote

I've trained with Pat a good bit, and I agree with his opinion that 500 is the minimum and 1,000 lumens is preferred. In the FoF evolutions a good bit of the hits are in town on everything from normal residential structures to things like large abandoned churches, and 1K never gave me a problem in the smaller spaces and was a huge advantage in the church. The higher lumens on these newer lights is being pushed into spill, so you can get much better SA on a given space with decreased PID time.

A good example is if you're clearing a space and encounter an unknown individual, with a good spill and lots of lumens you can still shift the light some to finish checking the space while keeping them visible.

LED is also a flatter light with reduced color discernment, and also has trouble punching through things like smoke. Lumens helps with both, and a good reflector takes advantage of extra lumens and makes it manageable.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Is the M300C available in FDE?
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top