Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2015 4:38:35 PM EDT

The light is a a Surefire 6PX tactical. The barrel is 10.5'' long. The compensator is a Silencerco trifecta mount. I'm curious if the blast is going to cause the light any issues.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't run it like that, personally, unless you could get it to 12:00 or 6:00 to avoid some of the blast.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't run it like that either.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#3]
just move it back so the front of the rim of the light is even with the rail and you will have no issues.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Moving it back that far will require me to move the VFG further back. I am going to function test the carbine tonight, and see what happens. I am seriously considering getting a Streamlight TLR-1 and putting it at 12 o'clock.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:35:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Moving it back that far will require me to move the VFG further back. I am going to function test the carbine tonight, and see what happens. I am seriously considering getting a Streamlight TLR-1 and putting it at 12 o'clock.
View Quote

http://shop.roschworks.com/SL1-SL1.htm

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a light in similar configuration on a shorty, 'bout 500 rounds in and it's totally fine.  My lights even further forward. It's even a polymer bodied light, too.  Only difference is I have an A2 fh, not a brake, I don't know if that matters.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a light in similar configuration on a shorty, 'bout 500 rounds in and it's totally fine.  My lights even further forward. It's even a polymer bodied light, too.  Only difference is I have an A2 fh, not a brake, I don't know if that matters.
View Quote
I tried 200 rounds. No issues except for powder fowling developing on the lens. My buddy told me to put some grease on the lens so it is easy to clean off. I may keep it as is. Once I get the suppressor, it will be a non issue.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I actually moved mine about even with the front of the a2 hoping to avoid that.  So far I haven't noticed aNY powder.  But brakes blow gas to their 4 and 8 o'clock so o could see you getting powder.  Maybe moving forward would help.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top