Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/28/2015 1:37:21 PM EDT
Click switch or the Tactical Twist-type switch?

As for me personally, I like the constant ON click type switch as opposed to the twist for constant ON.
Click is more easy to use than the twist type.

As for weapon mounted lights, there is no such thing as using a twist type switch as its mostly remote tape switch which is used for momentary ON/OFF.

And as far as room clearances go, I think a click type switch is the way to go. That way you do not have to use two hands to twist the cap for constant ON.

Link Posted: 9/28/2015 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
For me it has to be forward clicky switches, except on small EDC lights when a twist on/off is acceptable. Obviously weapon lights are single mode only so press for momentary/click for constant on works best for me, for regular hand held lights with multiple modes I'm a fan of mode changing through twisting the head although cycling through with tailcap presses is also occasionally acceptable - so longs as it too has mode memory. Like I said, the only time I care for twisty type switches is when size is a factor, like the L3 Illumination L10 which fits perfectly alongside a SAK Tinker in the watch pocket of my jeans.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Prefer the clicky type switches for my weapon lights and for hand helds I prefer running the clicky switch with turn for constant on.  My current handheld light is a Surefire Fury, G2 LED, and E2D LED.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 9:42:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate clicky switches with a hot fiery passion.

Push for momentary, twist for constant.  Or X300U.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 12:49:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Ideally, I prefer momentary only. A weapon light is for use in intermittent bursts, not constantly on, and I'd rather not have the potential to accidentally click it on.

That being said, in reality, it depends on the light: the only option on my scout is a clicky, so I use it. If I have a G2-style light with twist  caps, I put an O-ring in front of the threads preventing the light from being turned to constant on, if it is going to go on a rifle. I don't trust remote switches, so I tend to avoid them if possible, unless I have a secondary push button, such as the XM07.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 8:36:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I run an Elzetta Alpha with a momentary button (rotary tailcap) on my home defense guns. For a utility light, I use an Elzetta Bravo or Charlie with the hi/lo tailcap.

My thumb rests against the tail cap (I'm a lefty). Since taking the picture I have moved the vfg back so that my thumb points more forward

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the only option on my scout is a clicky, so I use it.
View Quote

Actually, Arisaka now offers a press for momentary/twist for constant on switch that fits the scout lights.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I use the Elzetta Bravo model with the High / Low click tail cap. I keep it set on the low setting for indoor use and just twist the cap to the high setting for outdoor use. It's a very good light and built like a tank. As soon as funds are available I'll be putting the CQB model on another rifle with the same High / Low tail cap.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 12:37:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I wanted to buy the Surefire Vampire V2 light, but its a tactical twist constant ON switching system...What a bummer....

I am indeed a clicky fan all the way

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:04:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Insight double-click constant-on.  

~Augee
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top