Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2015 12:19:07 AM EDT
Had one of the original 125 lumen E1 Backup led and I lost it. Looking to replace it, not sure if I should get the standard click tail cap or the tactical? Any concerns with reliability on the tactical? Always seemed to me the more complicated they are the more likely they'll have problems
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:28:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Had one of the original 125 lumen E1 Backup led and I lost it. Looking to replace it, not sure if I should get the standard click tail cap or the tactical? Any concerns with reliability on the tactical? Always seemed to me the more complicated they are the more likely they'll have problems
View Quote
The tactical is far more... tactical.  The original E1B switch, with which I'm very familiar, is really quite terrible for tactical "flash and move" usage because of its erratic behavior when cycling quickly and timing based switching logic between high and low.  The twist for constant, press through for momentary high is overal a much better design for a shooter's flashlight.  I don't see any reason to worry about reliability.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top