Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2015 1:43:26 PM EDT
My trusty old M3 works great.  But there HAS to be some way to upgrade the bulb in this thing.  I couldn't find anything in Candlepowerforums or Arfcom.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Already been down that road 3 months ago. Insight made an LED head at one time, but it was $50. Streamlight acquired Insight and these lights are now just a collectors item (or use it as is, like I do). Streamlight blocked one small group from making a newer LED module a while back, effectively ending any chance for any new LED options. FYI, but the stock bulbs are becoming very hard to track down as well.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:12:24 PM EDT
[#2]
The fact that streamlight won't support these discontinued lights (won't even make bulbs) is why I now only run surefires. FUCK STREAMLIGHT!
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The fact that streamlight won't support these discontinued lights (won't even make bulbs) is why I now only run surefires. FUCK STREAMLIGHT!
View Quote

Yep.  Got to keep people upgrading to keep the $ rolling in.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sold all my M3's quite awhile ago. Got about $50 apiece for them. A BRAND NEW Streamlight is just a little over $100.....not that big of a deal for a MUCH better light and about the same or less than you would pay to go the upgrade route, WITH a new warranty. Seemed like a better plan.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 10:56:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I DIY'd a 3 led conversion on mine that now throws around 600lm or so (on paper).  It was a PITA.  Came out nice, but a total PITA.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top