Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2015 11:37:34 AM EDT
I am thinking I may put this on my pump shotgun forend rail but I have a question.
To activate the light, do you have to press the button in line with the light, ie, towards the barrel, or can you activate it with a perpendicular press down towards the rail, like a tape switch?

I am right handed but my shotgun light will need to go on the right side of the rail at the 3'o clock position.

I am hoping that going with the WML will be a smaller and simpler light setup.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't recognize that specific tape switch but (if it is actually set up like the Surefire SR type dual switch it is modeled after,) the round button should function as a clicky constant on/off button while the pad in front of it will work as a momentary only pressure switch. Not knowing who makes it I can't say for sure though.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:45:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you asking about this?

That one you kind of press forward, towards the muzzle.
It's very convenient and natural to activate.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried to test this for you really quick. Couple things I had to do this off handed and my light is mounted at the 11. The light is setup for my left thumb,  

I had to activate the light with my right index finger which was not ideal but doable, or switch to c clamp.  If you mouted it at 3. I think it would be easily activated with your left Index or middle finger.

So to answer your questions. Yes you can push down towards the rail to activate the light, you don't have to push towards the light "if that make sense". I've tested this i walk my dog at night with my WMLx its not picky. I think it will work but you will have to fiddle with it some with how I see your pad placed I think you would have no issue activating this light.

Hope that helps?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes it does! Thanks all!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top