Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2015 11:36:24 AM EDT
On one of my rifle I have a M951 with the IR filter and a Crimson Trace IR laser mounted.  I'm building another rifle and would like to set it up similar. Here's my problem, I want a bright white light but I need an IR light for when I wear my nods. I also need an IR laser. Are there any other lights that can do both inexpensively like my M951 setup or is there something new available that can do the same?  I'd like LED but they don't emit a light with IR wavelength correct?  I'd rather not have two lights and a laser.  I've been out of the AR accessory business for a while and I don't know what all is available now.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You could try one of the dual output options from Surefire.  Cheapest route will probably be a used M952V off the EE.  White light output isn't stellar when compared to newer white light only options (150 Lumens), but it's still pretty decent.  No need for a filter either.

Another more expensive option would be to get a LAM with IR Laser as well as an Illuminator (ATPIAL-C or DBAL-A3).  Then you can just stick with a white output only weaponlight and the sky is pretty much the limit on the brightness level there.

ETA:  Another cheap dual output option would be the Inforce IR model.  I don't have the best experience with them, but they generally tend to get good reviews and they're pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:48:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out the TLR-VIR.  I've seen them going for $85-95 on eBay and they seem like a pretty good solution.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:56:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks all. I'll check those out.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top