Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2015 11:23:03 AM EDT
I had been thinking to add this light to my collection, the SF V1 Vampire.
The one thing I like about it as opposed to the V2 Vampire, is that it has the click type switch.
I don't like the twisty cap switches.

Anyone owns one of these and give us a review?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The heads are known to have problems. I don't know about newer versions but the failure rate in the old ones is way higher than customary for Surefire products. they took care of me in the end, but my repair was only completed after getting someone outside of their repair department involved. I always seem to be the exception to the rule, but my experience with SF really left a sour taste in my mouth, had it not been for the actions of one employee who stepped up and fixed my problem, I still wouldn't have my head back after the 8 months or so they had it. He just shipped me a new one.

Neat concept, don't know if they truly fixed the problem yet, don't know if the new ones have been redesigned.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 11:57:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not ever had a V1 returned from any customer we've heard from. I own almost a dozen of these lights mounted on all sorts of kit and sell hundreds of them. So far 100% reliability.

Vic
View Quote

Google "Surefire Vampire Flicker". Mine had the selector ring lock up too.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top