Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2015 10:40:18 PM EDT
Looking for a good weapon mounted hunting light, just like the title implies (and by hunting I mean driving around at night looking for pigs). Right now, I'm looking at the PA UWL gen III.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_Ultimate_Weapon_Light_Gen_III_BLACK_p/pawl-2bkgeniii.htm

$90 (+$20 for tape switch), 750 lumens, 300 yard throw, and It'll match my PA red dot. Is there anything comparable that I should be looking at? Thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 12:57:44 AM EDT
[#1]
You should also check out the Streamlight TLR-1 HPL, 775 lumens with a calculated 438 meter beam distance.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 4:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the suggestion. Do you have any experience with either?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:02:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should also check out the Streamlight TLR-1 HPL, 775 lumens with a calculated 438 meter beam distance.
View Quote

^^This.  The Streamlight TLR-1 HPL is the best one on the market for hunting.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the suggestion. Do you have any experience with either?
View Quote

Not with those two specific models no, although I have used other TLR-1's and am very familiar with the Surefire Millenium series that the PA UWL's appearance was based off of. If I had to choose between just those two my first concern would be ergonomics, if I can mount the HPL where it will work with my regular support hand placement then I would choose it for it's longer throw and significantly lighter weight, but if it doesn't fit -PA all the way.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#5]
The streamlight TLR-1s HP rocks, if you have a 15" handguard and 16' barrel there isn't an shadow. We have 5 of them and love them, they are not "tactical grade" we take them off when not in use, easy and quick to take on/or off,   I have two bouncing around in my center console for right at a year and they still working great. The spill/beam is just right, in real world good to 150 maybe 185 yrds, after that you can still see to shoot but is starting to get hard to positive id something, eyes lightup way out there.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Really appreciate the feedback everybody. I think I'll be going with the TLR once I get my paycheck.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top