Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2015 3:53:13 PM EDT
Bought a LED drop in off ebay. Probably chinese, got it from a US seller. After reading another thread about chinese lasers..... wundering if there is any dangers to useing LED lights?
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#1]
They can be too bright and cause eye damage like any light.

If you put too much power through them and cause them to melt down and smoke its generally not good for your health. Some LEDs may contain gallium, arsenic, and other doping compounds that could potentially be a problem if you smoke them or grind them up and snort them.

Generally LEDs are very safe
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#2]
One night while changing the pattern to the light bar on my cruiser, I stared at the blue for so long while finding a flash pattern I liked, it made everything appear yellow after I started driving again. This lasted for about 30 minutes and I was freaking out the whole time.

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Reminds me of a big yellow sign I saw on a fiber optic termination rack.  It said: "DO NOT LOOK INTO THE OPEN FIBER WITH YOUR LAST GOOD EYE".  

I suppose that may apply here also!

Have FUN!
O'
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 11:59:05 PM EDT
[#4]
As long as you don't shine it in your eyes or eat it, you will be fine.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 12:05:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Dibs on everything but light.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top