Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2015 3:07:25 PM EDT
Hey guys, apologizing in advance because I'm sure this has been discussed at length but my search didn't really help me out.

What LED do you guys with M951's use? It looks like the Malkoff M61 seems to be the most common but depending on the light model there may be drilling or boring necessary(?). Any help is much appreciated. Also, here's the light in question.

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 11:36:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to have a 951 and went with the m61 upgrade it required no drilling or anything but I believe there was a plastic piece or something that i had to take out to get it to sit right I also had to pull a bit on the coil behind the bulb to get it to work. I would look and check to see what I did but I just sold the thing today.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 11:26:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. I've read about the need to stretch the spring a little and also I read, like you, of people needing to remove something to get it all the way down, or on. I don't mind doing any of that but I really don't want to have to drill if it could be avoided.

Also just came across the Brightflashlights industry section and it looks like the M61 is the ticket, although the last post on the subject is from March of 2014 so I'll give them a shout and go from there. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I think if you contact bright flashlight he will pre-fit the Malkoff led to drop in you 951
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think if you contact bright flashlight he will pre-fit the Malkoff led to drop in you 951
View Quote

That's exactly what I'll do. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just put a M61N into my 951 yesterday. Only thing I had to do was remove a black gasket with pliers as Gene said and it fits securely. Didn't need to use a fitment ring or stretch a spring.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a 951 off ebay that didn't work as soon as I got it and I was pretty sure it was just the bulb, so I didn't want to be out a lot of money so I bought a LED off ebay from a US seller for about $20. Install was easy and it works, looks bright and everything, only time will tell if it is reliable.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top