Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2015 5:40:13 PM EDT
I bought these off eBay. $18.99 for 12 batteries with free shipping. I just bought a new SF light and reading the manual that came with it it warns not to buy surefire batteries from "auction sites" because they are a known source of counterfit batteries. It got me kinda worried because I know the dangers of useing cheap chinese batteries. I did some digging and checked SFs web sight for autherized dealers in this sellers zip code, there was one with a VERY simular name, but not exactly and they had a different address and phone number.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Not that I know of. Counterfeiting batteries is all the rage for the Chinese cloners these days. The only way to protect yourself is to buy from an authorized dealer.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#2]
The image in the listing is exactly like the image on the Surefire web site.  That is... it was probably copied from the surefire web site.

So... the key question is... are what you received exactly like the image?
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 7:12:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The image in the listing is exactly like the image on the Surefire web site.  That is... it was probably copied from the surefire web site.

So... the key question is... are what you received exactly like the image?
View Quote

The box looks the same, but actually the barries are slightly different, BUT they are identical to SF batteries that came in a SF light I just bought. I guess these are GTG.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#4]
SureFire batteries will have a little device under the labeling that acts as a circuit breaker when there is excess heat or fault.  You can see it stemming off of the positive terminal of the battery.  Fakes won't have that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 1:46:09 AM EDT
[#5]
you do not want Surefire batteries - too pricey for their short lifespan.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 2:06:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please elaborate...   what brand do you recommend and why?
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 3:13:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
SureFire batteries will have a little device under the labeling that acts as a circuit breaker when there is excess heat or fault.  You can see it stemming off of the positive terminal of the battery.  Fakes won't have that.
View Quote

Dammit.  Mine are fakes.  I bought from someone mentioned here.z
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 3:02:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm calling on this. Here is a link to an extensive test on CandlePowerForums and HERE
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top