Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2015 7:45:18 PM EDT
The only thing is that it must fit the elzetta front sight block light mount. Thanks for all the replies I'm stuck between sure fire and streamlight I need your help.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Surefire G2. Then upgrade from the P60 to a Malkoff drop in next payday.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

ETA: thought this was GD, I agree with the above except you won't need to upgrade
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:38:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been VERY happy with my Primary Arms compact weapon light. Right at your budget. I got it on sale for $40 not long ago. Link
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm leaning more toward the suffice g2x tactical right now would that be good as a weapon light for an ar 15? Thanks for all the replies
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#5]
G2x le with sale at optics planet.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:04:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Surefire G2X Tactical
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:24:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Agree with the people saying G2X tactical, Just make sure to get the twisty tailcap.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:18:47 AM EDT
[#8]
GX2 is great. Light, great battery life for how much light it puts out. Good price.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:25:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Awesome thanks
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
GX2 is great. Light, great battery life for how much light it puts out. Good price.
View Quote

Agreed.  If you have the $60 budget it's the way to go.   G2X Tactical for $56 shipped here
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Spend $58 shipped and get the G2XLE.  400 Lumens and goes high before low.
http://www.opticsplanet.com/surefire-g2x-le-dual-output-led-flashlight.html
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:06:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Spend $58 shipped and get the G2XLE.  400 Lumens and goes high before low.
http://www.opticsplanet.com/surefire-g2x-le-dual-output-led-flashlight.html
View Quote

Awesome thanks I have heard very good things about surefire and I'll be sure to get one now
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Agreed.  If you have the $60 budget it's the way to go.   G2X Tactical for $56 shipped here
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

since i am in the same boat as the op, what mount would you recommend?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:15:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gear sector or VTAC, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm running a Streamlight Polytac in a Blackhawk mount.

How does the G2X compare?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I plan on using a elzetta ar 15 front sight block mount. Hopefully it works can anyone chime in?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I plan on using a elzetta ar 15 front sight block mount. Hopefully it works can anyone chime in?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ran one with a g2.  It bothered me with the gas block/sling mount.  I woukd look at a combo deal from impact weapon components.  They have mounts that attach to your handguards and inclue a surefire g2x tactical for $100.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:00:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't get the G2X LE. Make sure to get a single output light for weapon mounting.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Don't get the G2X LE. Make sure to get a single output light for weapon mounting.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:48:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Don't know if I agree necessarily. For the LE version, the initial press is high output, unlike the Pro versions with dual output. For the PRO versions, the first option is low output, meaning it would take multiple clicks to get to momentary on - high output. With this being the case, I don't necessarily see the down-side.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:30:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Don't know if I agree necessarily. For the LE version, the initial press is high output, unlike the Pro versions with dual output. For the PRO versions, the first option is low output, meaning it would take multiple clicks to get to momentary on - high output. With this being the case, I don't necessarily see the down-side.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Doesn't matter what mode comes on first - it is still a two mode light and shouldn't be a used on a weapon, IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#24]
I just ordered the surefire g2x tactical because I agree about the 2 mode I want to keep it simple stupid.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Do you not want a two mode because you can't turn it on and off quickly?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, that's the general idea.  

There are certain lights, like the Elzetta and Malkoff hosts, that access high/low mode by whether the head or tailcap is tight or loose.  With those lights, a two mode light isn't a bad idea because subsequent presses of the tailcap give you the same output mode.

Now, with the G2X Pro, subsequent rapid tailcap presses go from high to low, high to low.  This means if you are "flashing" and moving, trying to keep your light signature to a minimum, it is very possible your next press of the tailcap could result in low mode coming on.  This is why most people recommend single mode lights for weapons mounted use.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

There are certain lights, like the Elzetta and Malkoff hosts, that access high/low mode by whether the head or tailcap is tight or loose.  With those lights, a two mode light isn't a bad idea because subsequent presses of the tailcap give you the same output mode.

Now, with the G2X Pro, subsequent rapid tailcap presses go from high to low, high to low.  This means if you are "flashing" and moving, trying to keep your light signature to a minimum, it is very possible your next press of the tailcap could result in low mode coming on.  This is why most people recommend single mode lights for weapons mounted use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the clarification.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The recoil of the gun can change modes as well if the light is on and the hi/ lo function is controlled by the tail cap switch.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#29]
This appears to be the way I will go also, with the G2/mount combo. Question : Can the light be mounted so that it is in the 7'o'clock position? Looks like it should be possible
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This appears to be the way I will go also, with the G2/mount combo. Question : Can the light be mounted so that it is in the 7'o'clock position? Looks like it should be possible
View Quote

Yes.  Use an offset mount like a VTAC and it'll put it right where you want it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#31]

Yes.  Use an offset mount like a VTAC and it'll put it right where you want it.
View Quote

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant can you use the Impact SMC 1" MOE mount to get to the 7 o'clock position. At first I thought it would work, but looking at it now on my PC instead of my phone I'm not sure. I know it's designed for the 11 or 1 o'clock position. I just hate to mount a rail section then mount a light to that, would rather have a single piece mount. I'm fine with the G2 light, dont need 200 meter throw just enough for inside the house
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:36:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Streamlight Polytac and a VTAC mount is like 65 bucks, I was dubious at first because of the low price but it has gotten some pretty hard use and is nice.  The right kinda switch, programmable modes, lightweight, good battery life.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 1:43:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1 and non-LED
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#34]
With one AR I have about 1500 rds on my Streamlight Polytac not issues.  I have another on my Mossberg 590 with between 800-1000 rds as well.  GTG.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#35]
another vote for the streamlight polytac. Mine lights up the night enough to use my iron sighted AR out to around 40yds, in the house it turns night into day.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Can't you sever the a connection on the G2 tailcap to make it a single output?
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:11:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, and since they sell the single output version, why would you want to?  There is a way to break a solder connection on the circuit board in the head, but it is dicey to perform at best since they red loctite the head on the G2X Pro.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:41:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No, and since they sell the single output version, why would you want to?  There is a way to break a solder connection on the circuit board in the head, but it is dicey to perform at best since they red loctite the head on the G2X Pro.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understandable. Here is the procedure I was referring to. And I was mistaken, it was the lamp assembly.

I found it here:link

And FWIW, I'm no flashlight expert. I thought it may help someone who may already have the flashlight and low on cash.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top