Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2015 11:45:05 AM EDT
Looking for a new mount for my mini scout light.  I just swapped rails from a Centurion Arms C4 Carbine Cut-Out to a 12" C4 rail.  I was using the IWC Thortail SBR with the cut out rail but now that I have the 12" rail I don't really see a need to have a cantilevered mount.  I've been looking at a Gear Sector scout mount which seems to be a popular choice.  Any other suggestions would be great.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you want it in line with the rail or between (10 o clock)?

Larue has both. Gear sector is a good choice too if you don't need qd

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you want it in line with the rail or between (10 o clock)?

Larue has both. Gear sector is a good choice too if you don't need qd

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Between the top and side rail so 10 o'clock.  I don't need QD so I think I'll go with the Gear Sector mount.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:05:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Gear Sector is titties.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Ariska?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:26:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I have over a dozen Gear Sector mounts at this time.

IMHO, for various reasons, they are the best offset mount designed to work with the SF Scout series lights.

They also will not bend or give way like the  IWC mounts.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:09:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

IMHO, for various reasons, they are the best offset mount designed to work with the SF Scout series lights.

View Quote

I may have to give them a look then... never even seen Gear Sector mounts before in person. Have you tried Thorntails? How do those compare?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I may have to give them a look then... never even seen Gear Sector mounts before in person. Have you tried Thorntails? How do those compare?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah,
I have a couple thorntail mounts. I have them to overcome offset light/ATPIAL(peq15) clearence issues since they cantilever forward.

However, they are quite a bit more fragile than the Gear Sector mounts (which are built like tanks) and have quite a bit flex to them(you can bend the light and mount easily with your finger while its attached to a rail) and will bend if you smack The light hard against someting. The Thorntails mounts are pretty much a thin piece of aluminum jutting forward, with the Scout light bolted to the very end.

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 1:55:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Gear Sector is titties.
View Quote

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top