Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2015 11:22:08 AM EDT
I'm looking for pictures/advice on lights mounted on a Thorntail mount on the top rail alongside a fixed FSB.

I have a Fortis Rev extended mid length rail (top is 9" behind FSB, sides extend past it). I DON'T want to use the 3 or 9 o'clock side rails because I want to keep it streamlined and as slim as possible. I put one of my TLR-1 lights on it and it puts the head of the light pretty close to the FSB, but I want to evaluate my options before I buy one for this gun. I'm looking at one of the Inforce WML or WMLx lights. Has anyone mounted one of these in a similar configuration?

I like the Surefire x300 and x300 ultra, but they're pushing my budget.

All pics and advice are welcomed. Thank you in advance.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Surefire G2X

Cheap, reliable and will extend out a little further than the X300.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:01:41 PM EDT
[#2]
On second thought I don't know if there will be enough room for the head beside the FSB. Inforce 6vx should as its straight.

Here's a pic of a WML on a SCAR.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#3]
thorntail on top of surefire rails. light is frankenlight, surefire executive diameter body with 6p head

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks to all. To clarify, I have the thorntail 1913 mount and I'm looking for a light that will mount to that. TLR-1, Inforce WML, Surefire X300, etc.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:55:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Thorntail with Streamlight Protac HL. Very bright, I can soft  push for momentary hi, a quick double for momentary strobe or hard press for constant hi. Been on my rifle for maybe 2 years. Took it through a carbine class a month ago. No issues BUT it is heavy and im looking to replace it soon (the rail too ). Still it's been a good and inexpensive light.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:21:15 AM EDT
[#6]
My new Thorntail SBR mount with the M300.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top