User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/23/2015 12:36:20 AM EDT
which one and why?

thx
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:50:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Well I carry a 600 lumen handheld at work and honestly it is too bright for indoor work. When I walk into a dark room, it has me squinting, especially if it bounces off walls or ceiling. With that said, I'd go with the 500 lumen one.... but really, neither. 110 to 200 lumen is great for indoor
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:22:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Which one depends on how you plan to use the rifle. For illumination at longer distances you should consider sacrificing raw output for the more focused and far reaching beam of the M600U, whereas if you intend to clear large open areas for close in threats then the M600P may be ideal.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which one depends on how you plan to use the rifle. For illumination at longer distances you should consider sacrificing raw output for the more focused and far reaching beam of the M600U, whereas if you intend to clear large open areas for close in threats then the M600P may be ideal.
View Quote

good advice

for distance alone look at the streamlight tlrHLP 600 lumens with a big focused reflector.   In most rooms I find anything over 200 lumens too bright for grneral all purpose use the 500 may be a better choice depending on beam shape.  and spot size

take a look at batt life for the 2 units too how much do you lose going to 600?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#4]
The M600U has 500 lumens with a more focused beam (throw). And the M600P Fury has 600 lumens with a more wide beam (flood). So it really depends on what you want the light to do.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Needed more throw - went with the 600u
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top