Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2015 11:31:08 PM EDT
Flying to DC soon through  Atlanta and Baltimore on a Delta flight. Does anyone know if it's against the rules to take a Surefire flashlight on a commercial flight in a carry-on bag?
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 11:39:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry my streamlight with me all the time. checked, carry on doesnt matter. They do however freak out over my very pointy screw drivers in my carry on.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 12:36:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I've carried a single-AA size light (14500 lithium) in my pocket and a spare in my carry on bag every flight for probably 5 years including 4 flights this year.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 12:40:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I just carry in my pocket.  Toss it in the bin with my keys and change and let it go thru the X-ray. No one says anything.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 12:53:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I carry my E2D every time I fly.

I used to have the crenelated bezel and original tailcap and flew with it in that configuration, a few eyebrows went up, but no no one ever said anything.

Now I've switched it to the led head and push button tailcap and no one's even looked twice at it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#5]
The only light I have seen TSA fo on has been lights with heavily crenelated strike bezels.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I just carry in my pocket.  Toss it in the bin with my keys and change and let it go thru the X-ray. No one says anything.
View Quote

Nope.

I had a Surefire E2 with a crenellated bezel refused.  I had to take it back to the car or surrender it.

The TSA Mongo didn't like me arguing with him that it wasn't a weapon, especially when I clenched my keys between my fingers like some tard impersonation of Wolverine, and asked him whether he was going to confiscate everyone's keys.

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:03:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't take my E2D on planes, but I've taken my EB1 backup and G2s and 6Ps before without issue. I just don't want to risk it with the E2D.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top