Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/2/2015 9:29:16 PM EDT
I have an Elzetta Alpha that is 1"  I am trying to find what other lights are actually 1" but not stuck to that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:51:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Surefire G2 is 1" diameter.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:59:43 PM EDT
[#2]
My Surefire P2X Fury's are 1" as well.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:00:47 PM EDT
[#3]
From my understanding is those Surefires are 1.03.  I am worried about compatibility.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I used a surefire G2 and 6P that did short stints as weapon lights. Streamlight Polytac is another option, and it comes with a click on/off cap, which will cost you more from surefire. A ring or two of electric tape will be enough to clamp down on the light well.

None of the companies will suggest you use any of those as weapon lights, I never had any problem with them.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Surefire G2X is just slightly under 1" but most mounts should work with it.  The older G2's with the incan bulbs are 1.040" or so and will not work with a lot of 1" light mounts.  Lens-Light, lights are 1" I do believe.  There are several from Surefire, the Polytac as mentioned earlier.  Fenix TK lights are mostly 1" but I am not a huge fan of them for serious use.  I think Malkoff make their own lights as well.  Not super fancy, but solid, well built, American made lights.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:32:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My Surefire P2X Fury's are 1" as well.
View Quote
+1 love that light

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 6:51:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
From my understanding is those Surefires are 1.03.  I am worried about compatibility.
View Quote

The old school G2 is supposed to be over 1" (1.03), but the Fury, 6P, and 6PX should be 1".

My vote is a 6P original with a Malkoff M61 in it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My vote is a 6P original with a Malkoff M61 in it.
View Quote

Not a bad way to go if you can get an old 6P on the cheap or have one already.  But the Fury, 6PX, and the G2X should all fit in a 1" mount.  The G2X is about 0.010" under an inch or so, but most 1" ring mounts should work fine with it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:06:14 AM EDT
[#9]
You might want to check this light out. I bought one and it is the brightest light I have ever seen! The distance it shines is unreal. Hope this helps. Take care & have a great night/day, Mark

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CM08K30/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top