Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/28/2015 10:06:13 PM EDT
I'm looking to mount a Streamlight Protac HL at the 10 or 12 o'clock position on my AR.  It will be mounted using an Arson Machine mount on a13" rail with 16" barrel.  I've got a Stag muzzle comp mounted on the barrel.  The comp is very effective, but very loud and blows a lot of gas out of the side vents.  The front of the Protac will be a little over an inch from the end of the muzzle and will be just behind the side vents (if it's mounted at 10 o'clock) or just behind the top vent holes (if mounted at 12 o'clock).  My questions:

Is this too close to the side vents?  Is it going to blow the Protac apart or melt the lens?

I know a lot of people out here prefer Surefire lights.  Would the answer be any different with a Surefire?

If you have pics of your lights mounted near a muzzle break or comp, can you post them?  I'd like to see what people have done with theirs.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
There was a thread with pics, not too long ago, that showed the end of an aluminum quad rail blown apart by side-vented muzzle blast. Unfortunately, i'm not computer literate enough to find and link it. Here is a couple pics of my Streamlight TLR-1:HP on a 13" rail on a 16" barrel with hybrid brake/hider:

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top