BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2015 8:37:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent information, and a great video.  You have a new subscriber.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:41:27 AM EDT
[#2]
good video.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:19:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Outdoors, this is huge and the user needs to "balance" their needs. However, I prefer higher candela, and here is why:

Indoors, lumens rule. No-matter what. You get enough "bounce" that the room will be lit up either directly, or indirectly, regardless of beam pattern.
In LARGE indoor spaces, or especially outdoors, looking into a building, candela allows you to punch inside. Especially if you are out doors, during the day, looking into an un-lit/dark building.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Learning a lot from you videos and blog.  Thanks again for the info as a relative neophyte to modern flashlights this info is very useful.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for posting these vids regarding candela and lumens. They were very informative (or should I say illuminating) to me. I had no idea that the lens and related light dispersion made such a difference in peripheral vision.

Also, thanks for getting back to me so quickly regarding my questions for indoor / outdoor use and which model would best suit my needs. I placed my order for a B333 a little while ago and received a tracking number within 30 minutes... damn fine shipping turnaround.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top