Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/15/2015 12:03:44 PM EDT
What kind of tape switch mount are folks running now?  

I am not too fond of the crappy velcro that most companies include with their wares.  I have tried the inner tube, but am looking for something that works well but also looks good.

Maybe even a vertical grip with a tape switch mount if the quality is good.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:44:54 AM EDT
[#2]
The LMT was the only one I ever liked, everything else got sticky crap everywhere in the Southeaster heat/humidity.
Hard to beat the inner tube solution.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have found that the rail mounted tape switch mounts where you slide your tape switch inside of them and they just click on to your rail have been the best for me.

I use a LaserMax Remote Switch Mount.

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/products/LaserMax-Remote-Switch-Mount-Black-3-Cord-Clips-Picatinny-or-Weaver-Rail-LMS%252dMANTA.html
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:16:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I tried the Ergo Grip *ahem* "Surefire" tape mount.... which turns out doesn't actually fit Surefire tape switches
So, I went the simple battle-proven route:

Zip-ties!

No Velcro, no gunk on the rail, no innertube, just a simple, secure attachment.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I tried the Ergo Grip *ahem* "Surefire" tape mount.... which turns out doesn't actually fit Surefire tape switches
So, I went the simple battle-proven route:

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o564/demomouse8/IMG_3199_zpsa0bjv3zu.jpg

Zip-ties!

No Velcro, no gunk on the rail, no innertube, just a simple, secure attachment.
View Quote

Same. I either velcro mine onto a VFG and slide a section of inner tube over it, or on my block II (ris II) with AFG  I zip tie it between the top and left rails.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Another zip ties.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What kind of tape switch mount are folks running now?  

I am not too fond of the crappy velcro that most companies include with their wares.  I have tried the inner tube, but am looking for something that works well but also looks good.

Maybe even a vertical grip with a tape switch mount if the quality is good.

View Quote

For years I have been using one called a Ergo made by falcon industries. It clamps on to the rail like a rail panel and you Velcro the tape pad to it and place a tapepad cutout cover over it and it gives you a solid place to mount your tape switch. I actually just mounted a new one using the Ergo one about 10 mins ago

</a>" />

I also am in the middle of creating a product that is made exactly for holding a tape switch to vertical grips. It's not finished yet and obviously I can't say what the product is but IM me your address and as soon as its ready I'll send you a free one to try.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top