Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/29/2015 3:29:30 PM EDT
http://taklite.com/collections/flashlights

Anyone have any experience with this brand? Thumbs up or down?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:44:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any experience with that brand in particular but it looks like they are offering the same China made clones sold by a lot of other places under a bunch of different names. Their TL-Zeus is also sold as the Sipik SK68, Yezl T1, Uinfire B68, Ultrafire SK68, etc. The TL-Poseidon/Apollo is also known as the Raysoon RS609, Ultrafire U-100/T68, LX-T6, etc. The TL-Skydevil is the same as the Singfire 3X16, FandyFire UV-S5, Sky Ray King, etc.

If you are interested in any of those lights you may want to head over to BudgetLightForums for more information before picking one out. While many of those lights look identical they can have huge variations between them -sometimes even among the same funny brand name depending on which retailer you buy from or when.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads up. I'm really interested in something made in USA but at a price that is at least not outrageous.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 12:23:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Hello,

We were directed to this thread so I figured I would chime in with a little additional information regarding our products (Note: TL employee here). While it isn't uncommon to see more than one company selling a flashlight with a similar chassis, that is pretty much where the similarities end. We go the extra mile to offer only the highest quality variation of that model available. To the average consumer, the difference might not be obvious just from looking at it online - but there is much more going on behind the scenes. Be it the quality of the internal components used (standard spring vs full size cylindrical battery contact), the precise alloy used to manufacture the frame, the actual thickness of the frame, or even the diode used (very few companies offer true CREE diodes - despite their claims - which will result in a weaker lumen output and more rapid lumen depreciation).

As mentioned by Matchbook, there certainly are huge variations which is why it's important to do your homework. We have certainly made the best of these lights and any the appropriate accessories.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top