Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2015 11:23:12 PM EDT
I got a surefire scout in a trade. I want to put it on my AR, but I am not sure if it is real or not.

Some of the marking do not match the markings on the surefire website and the inside of the light, where the batteries go in is bare metal, no paint or anything on it.

and how do it tighten the light to my rail. The knob will not allow any screw driver etc, the best I can do is hand tighten.

If anyone can help me identity if this light is real or not.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks legit. I picked up 2 mini scouts during their Presidents' Day sale and they had a different surefire logo on the body and KE1E head which none of the lights on their site had.

It was straight from surefire.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 5:02:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks exactly like my two M600U's.  As for tightening it down, you'll want to go tighter than hand tight.  Take a knife with a fairly thick blade, lay it into one of the slots, then leverage down on the screw tightening the knob.  

If you leave it hand tight, that thing will fall off within a few shots.  IIRC Surefire advises to go hand tight, then use a tool to go one quarter turn further.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Looks exactly like my two M600U's.  As for tightening it down, you'll want to go tighter than hand tight.  Take a knife with a fairly thick blade, lay it into one of the slots, then leverage down on the screw tightening the knob.  

If you leave it hand tight, that thing will fall off within a few shots.  IIRC Surefire advises to go hand tight, then use a tool to go one quarter turn further.
View Quote
A coin is a better tool.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:18:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never had a surefire that WASN'T bare metal inside the tube.

Looks legit.
Try using a dime instead of a screwdriver.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#5]
It's definitely real and its definitely a newly manufactured light because of the QR code on the head. Surefire just started adding those to their lights about 6 months or so ago.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A coin is a better tool.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A coin is a better tool.  

I use a spoon
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top