Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2015 4:30:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Your no compromise approach are why my rifle wears a Bravo w/AVS head.

I was outside last night lighting up around the corners of my home. The spill, although somewhat faint at the EXTREME edge, goes almost all the way to feet. Turns a black area to one that can be SEEN. I can't overstate how important that could be in a home defense senario.

The throw and color are perfect for what I wanted a light to do. I am singing the praises of your product to those with an ear to hear

I wanted what I felt was the most reliable light with performance in spades.

Search over.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:32:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Good video. I know the cells are sold under several names but I usually just buy Surefires because it is a known relabel. I don't go through enough cells to really worry about it.  

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 7:21:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Great video.

Do people ask about using multiple brands of CR123's in 2 or 3 cell lights, at the same time? Or using batteries of different charge levels?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I have always used what ever Kevin at Brightflashlights in the industry section has recommended he has never steered me wrong. I have dealt with him for over 12 years and have always been happy with his prices .
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the part where it is supposed that rcr123 batteries are the only rechargeable cells in existence.

While it is true that the rcr123 (or 16340 in standard lithium-ion nomenclature) are such a niche battery as to only be manufactured in China, and are inconsistent in both external dimensions and internal capacity from even reputed names, the majority of 16650 and 18650 cells are made by global brands in Japan such as Sanyo, Samsung, and Panasonic, and are just as reliable as disposable lithium batteries when used properly. If you are competent to maintain an AR-15 you are competent to properly employ rechargeable lithium-ion batteries.

Granted, lithium-ion batteries will self discharge over time. They will also become damaged if they are depleted past their minimum voltage. The former makes them perhaps not as suitable for self-defense firearms, the latter can be addressed with a circuit board, on the battery or in the flashlight driver, that cuts power past that voltage, or at least offers a warning in the form of flashes and a reduced output.

These are points that should also be addressed when bringing-up this topic.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:24:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top