Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/18/2015 10:34:35 AM EDT

Looking for pics or experience.

I'm trying to set up some agency Colt 6921's w better lights than the TLR3's that they have now and exploring this idea.  Will the WML switch be very ergonomic, low profile and sold?

They've got Colt m4 handguards with the hard to remove glued in heat shields so I'd rather not monkey with bolt on rails.  

While not very sexy, the FSP mounts are pretty much police-proof and without 3 or more parts that fall apart at the range.

Thanks much,
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I was going to say just slap on some MOE handguards and a world of mounting possibilities is open unto you.  But that ads a bit more cost into the equation.

As for the WML's, the only way I have found the switch to be comfortable is if it is as close as possible to rail or whatever it is mounted to.  The further out from the rail it gets the worse it feels, to me anyway.  Like when you stack a picatinny rail section on to a keymod handguard, then stick the WML onto that, it makes me have to contort my grip somewhat uncomfortably to actuate it.  This jobber from IWC might work, but since you have to screw it in, that could also pose some issues for you.  The front sight base mounts might be the best, easiest option.  They seem to work pretty well.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 2:10:38 PM EDT
[#2]
The WML is pretty short, I'm afraid you'd end up with a ton of barrel shadow mounted that way.

I'm assuming you already have the FSB mount. If you didn't or could swing it I'd suggest taking a look at the Elzetta ZFH1500 mount and 2 cell light. Ambidextrous, very simple, and very durable. Depending on how many you wanted maybe Elzetta could make you a deal?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Thanks a ton guys.  

I'd love to go with an IWC package.  Lord knows I've gotten a few quotes for unrequited purchases from them over the years .  I could probably just cut out the Colt heatshields since I seriously doubt anyones gonna go cyclic anytime soon.  MOE would be fine with me, and the boss seems to like Magpul stuff.  I still would love to have the least amount of parts as possible.

OK, I'm gonna go look at the Elzetta site right now.

Thanks again
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:44:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Looking for pics or experience.

I'm trying to set up some agency Colt 6921's w better lights than the TLR3's that they have now and exploring this idea.  Will the WML switch be very ergonomic, low profile and sold?

They've got Colt m4 handguards with the hard to remove glued in heat shields so I'd rather not monkey with bolt on rails.  

While not very sexy, the FSP mounts are pretty much police-proof and without 3 or more parts that fall apart at the range.

Thanks much,
View Quote

Only FSP mount I've ever had was the Midwest Industries one and it eventually had the screw walk out even after using blue loctite. I did not want to use the red loctite and leave something somewhat permanent. If you can by some chance jump to magpul hamdguard that would open up your options a bit more
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:31:06 AM EDT
[#5]
2 things: I've never had any problem with the rails that sandwich the front sight, I assume that is what you are talking about. There are several manufacturers. 2nd: How are the tlr-3s mounted now?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Thanks again guys.  Been in the field the past few days.

We've got a hodgepodge of older light systems.  A couple of the FSP mounts and some wierd tri-rail mount that bolts to the old skinny Colt handguards.  I wouldn't mind going w the magpuls moes but want to explore simpler set ups for dumb cops.

Our existing MI FSPmounts were rusted on so they didn't need any loc tite at all

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was going to say just slap on some MOE handguards and a world of mounting possibilities is open unto you.  But that ads a bit more cost into the equation.

As for the WML's, the only way I have found the switch to be comfortable is if it is as close as possible to rail or whatever it is mounted to.  The further out from the rail it gets the worse it feels, to me anyway.  Like when you stack a picatinny rail section on to a keymod handguard, then stick the WML onto that, it makes me have to contort my grip somewhat uncomfortably to actuate it.  This jobber from IWC might work, but since you have to screw it in, that could also pose some issues for you.  The front sight base mounts might be the best, easiest option.  They seem to work pretty well.
View Quote

MOE handguards are an affordable & practical solution. Here's one of mine w/MOE handguards and the WMLx mounted on the short MOE rail:

Tomac
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Excellent looking blaster.  I'll put a couple things together and see what the boss wants.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top