Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/3/2015 10:47:45 AM EDT
I'm looking for a basic weapon light for my 6920.  The Streamlight TLR-1 HL looks pretty good to me, but I'm open to suggestions.  My main question is how I'll be able to mount the light to the Magpul handguard.  I know Magpul makes several light mounts, but I'm not sure which one to use.  Thanks in advance for any advice.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#1]
with the MOE hand guard, if it's the pre-M-LOK style, you have 4 mounting options (or so).  If you want to go with the pistol light on there, you can just use a rail section.  If you want to use a regular flashlight, you can get the magpul light mount (cheap, effective, but clunky), the IWC MOE light mount (light weight, low profile, but a bit more money), or the Arson Machine MOE light mount (a bit more versatile than the IWC, but still costs more than the Magpul mount).  

I will say, having messed around with my TRL-1 on my MOE Carbine,  I didn't really like it on there.  Actuating the switch is kind of awkward for me.  I didn't really like it.  I just run a SureFire G2X Tactical on it with a MOE VFG on the bottom as a hand stop and it is just about perfect for me.  Very quick and intuitive to use.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Polymer rail section and an Inforce WML.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Conan says this is whats best in life!

Impact weapons, mount n slot

I love mine! have a sure fire fury P2X single mode from Bravo company in it.

P2X Fury Single mode
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:57:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks very much for the suggestions so far -- much appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:57:11 AM EDT
[#5]
(Edit for double post)
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

P2X Fury Single mode
View Quote

Seconding this.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#7]
This is what works for me, ElZetta light, best you can buy, and one of their mounts. My favorite is their 1500 mount that mounts under the FSB in the 6 0"clock position. Out of the way and bright as all get out, without being to bright, and yes, you can have a light that is to bright. YMMV?  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Hope you guys won't mind another question - do you think it is important to have a light branded as a "weapon light" vs. a non-dedicated "regular" light?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hope you guys won't mind another question - do you think it is important to have a light branded as a "weapon light" vs. a non-dedicated "regular" light?
View Quote

Some non-dedicated lights are great like the SF G2X.  But really you are going to want a single mode light.  Buy the nicest light you can afford.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:47:02 PM EDT
[#10]
It doesn't need to be called a "weapon light" but it should be a single mode LED from a major brand like Streamlight, Surefire, Inforce, Elzetta etc.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:33:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Some non-dedicated lights are great like the SF G2X.  But really you are going to want a single mode light.  Buy the nicest light you can afford.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Weapon light" doesn't hurt, but isn't totally needed on a 5.56. If you're sticking it right next to a brake, I would go for something considered a "weapon light". There are options like the Surefire VTAC that are basically no different rating wise from a Scout besides the body.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:56:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Seconding this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

P2X Fury Single mode

Seconding this.

I ended up going with this setup.  I'll post some pictures after delivery and installation.  Thanks again for all the help, guys.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:51:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Forget labeling, it is useless, especially with the China Crap. Look at the quality of the components in the light, and most of all look at what others have experienced using the same light. There are flashlight forums where you can learn more than anyone needs to know about a light, but it is a great source of good info and it's 100% FREE.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top