Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/12/2015 10:42:27 PM EDT
Hey guys, I searched all over the Internet for any threads or mention of this but found none so I decided I'd make my own for myself and others.

I have a Streamlight TLR-1s that has a sticky switch to turn the light on. It's not a problem for permanent on but for momentary on, the switch stays put, like it's held by too much friction or something.

I've taken it apart, cleaned with rubbing alcohol and even an electric toothbrush (don't judge, those things kick ass at cleaning small parts). Tightened, loosened, everything under the sun to try to stop it from sticking.

Is this a common problem with weaponlights or just the Streamlight in general? If anyone has any ideas on how to get this sucker running, lemme know.

(I'm waiting for the inevitable "Buy a Surefire" post. )
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
My TLR1-s HP was a little mushy/sticky? at first but after a short time it feels fine just like my other Streamlights.

I was never really concerned as I was using a remote switch with this one.
and
 none of my others have exhibited this.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#2]
no call them I have owned 4 or 5 stream lights all used the same battery door never had the problem you described.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a TLR3 that had the same issue a few months ago. I tried cleaning it as well but it didn't help.   I ended up sending it in to Streamlight and they replaced the switch assembly for free.  Took about 4 weeks to get it back but it's like new again!
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are still having problems with your tlr1 I would send it in for repair. I had a tlr1 that was about 10 years old. It wouldnt light up so I sent it to Streamlight, they had it for about three weeks. They sent it back completely re built, looking and working like new. It cost me $7 to ship to them. Great company! Go to their website register, print out the repair slip and send in your light.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top