Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/14/2015 11:38:40 PM EDT
So I have heard from a few people about their m952v  KM3  vampire head developing issues with flickering or dimming. So far I have shot about 500 rounds with mine mounted and everything is working perfectly.

Is this issue something that happens over time or is it likely to happen within only a couple hundred rounds?

Has anyone had a KM2 head develop the same issue/ is the issue common among all vampire heads?

Thanks for replies.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Apparently SF had a recall on the head and you can send it in for a replacement. I haven't verified that for myself though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:51:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Never heard of a recall but had 3 out of 3 go bad.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never heard of a recall but had 3 out of 3 go bad.
View Quote

were they km3 or km2? Was it the flickering failure? How many rounds did it take for them to fail?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Just relaying my  personal experience with Surefire. I had the M952V Vampire light on my rifle for about a year when it started acting up early November. The light would flicker and not remain on, no matter the batteries I put in it or cleaning the contacts (KM2 head). After doing some internet searching and not getting anywhere, I emailed Surefire on 11/12/14 and they sent back 'ship it to us for evaluation', so I did (on my dime). On 12/9/14 I received a brand new in the wrap M952V via UPS. I (and others) may bitch about the price of Surefire, and sometimes they are overrated, but the customer service is pretty damn good to back-up that price tag.

just my $.02

-Jeff
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just relaying my  personal experience with Surefire. I had the M952V Vampire light on my rifle for about a year when it started acting up early November. The light would flicker and not remain on, no matter the batteries I put in it or cleaning the contacts (KM2 head). After doing some internet searching and not getting anywhere, I emailed Surefire on 11/12/14 and they sent back 'ship it to us for evaluation', so I did (on my dime). On 12/9/14 I received a brand new in the wrap M952V via UPS. I (and others) may bitch about the price of Surefire, and sometimes they are overrated, but the customer service is pretty damn good to back-up that price tag.

just my $.02

-Jeff
View Quote

Same here.  Ours were DRMO and I even told SF that fact.  Got a new one inside a week, BNIB.

I haven't heard of any issues w the Scout size Vampire heads, maybe cuz they're GTG or maybe cuz there's just not that many out there.  I had been keeping an eye open for one on the EE but ended up going w a Fury on my duty gun since I hardly ever ran around w my NVG's and rifle.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:59:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm waiting on my second head to come back from surefire.
I bought my 952v from the EE. It ran great for a few weeks. Then the flicker happened. Sent it in sometime last year and they mailed me a new one. Just a few weeks ago the replacement head did the same thing out of the blue. So off to surefire it went.
While I had the guy on the phone I asked if the 400v was having the same issue as I may pick one up. He said that they have fixed the flicker issue across the line. Don't know how true that is cause they said that last year when I sent the first one in.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:27:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Had it happen on a V2 (twice). Surefire replaced both times.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Apparently SF had a recall on the head and you can send it in for a replacement. I haven't verified that for myself though.
View Quote

Yeah, I wish it were that easy.... I sent mine in almost 6 months ago. At the one month mark i emailed them to check status and make sure it got there and was told it never got delivered. So, I sent them the confirmation number, who signed for it, and when it was delivered, and they 'found' it in receiving and said that it just hadn't been checked in yet. At the 5 month mark, I emailed the same guy that I had been dealing with and got no response.. So, I tried customer service.... No response.

We're working on 6 months now, I have a buddy with contacts at Surefire and will have him try to get something moving with the repair before I call. I figure I can probably get more people in trouble for not doing their job that way so I'll go that route first. I just want my light back, haven't been shooting under goggles for a long time now because of this.

Some people say the flicker problem was with early lights, but I've also heard there isn't a fix for the problem. Mine also developed a stuck adjustment ring before I sent it in, that took forever to get it to go back and forth. This will probably be my last Surefire product.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top