Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2014 12:33:45 PM EDT
Subject line says it all.

I have a Surefire KX2C on one of my three 600As and need to replace the other two. I was thinking along the lines of this but they're sold out.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#1]
call and talk to the guys at Malkoff.  they are very helpful.  They will probably have more in stock at some point soon.  They are good folks over there.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Another option would be to stick with Malkoff but buy a VME head and an M61 drop in -it will cost you an extra three dollars but both parts are available and should allow for easier upgrading in the future should the M61 be further upgraded.

In the same vein, there are several companies that make E2C type adapters that will let you put a standard P60 type head onto an E series or Scout body and allow you to use any of the plethora of P60 drop ins that might fit your needs.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another option would be to stick with Malkoff but buy a VME head and an M61 drop in -it will cost you an extra three dollars but both parts are available and should allow for easier upgrading in the future should the M61 be further upgraded.

In the same vein, there are several companies that make E2C type adapters that will let you put a standard P60 type head onto an E series or Scout body and allow you to use any of the plethora of P60 drop ins that might fit your needs.
View Quote

That, too, is a possibility. These are on patrol guns and I'd like to have 200-350 lumens or so.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:25:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thisis the one I have on my patrol rifle it works great. I would wait for these to be in stock again. I doubt you will be disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thisis the one I have on my patrol rifle it works great. I would wait for these to be in stock again. I doubt you will be disappointed.
View Quote

Waiting patiently.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:15:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
call and talk to the guys at Malkoff.  they are very helpful.  They will probably have more in stock at some point soon.  They are good folks over there.
View Quote

Do they normally stay out of stock for this long?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:46:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Curious about this as well, I'd also like to grab a new head.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Call Bright Flashlights. He stocks a good bit of the Malkoff heads and Surefire parts. Call him up and tell him what you want to do with the light and he'll recommend a solution. I'm currently waiting on some parts from him to do an Arisaka/Malkoff Mini Scout.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:55:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Call Bright Flashlights. He stocks a good bit of the Malkoff heads and Surefire parts. Call him up and tell him what you want to do with the light and he'll recommend a solution. I'm currently waiting on some parts from him to do an Arisaka/Malkoff Mini Scout.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up, I contacted them today and a Malkoff is headed towards me.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:57:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have a Surefire KX2C on one of my three 600As and need to replace the other two. I was thinking along the lines of this but they're sold out.

Suggestions?
View Quote

Has anyone been able to find one?
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Suggestions?

Just ordered from Brightflashlights yesterday, they are in the industry section.  Just send them an email...
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have a Surefire KX2C on one of my three 600As and need to replace the other two.
View Quote

If you find a replacement and decide you don't need the old KL4 heads you should put them up for sale in the EE or over on CPF, if they are in decent shape they will probably sell pretty quick - I know I might be interested.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:17:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If you find a replacement and decide you don't need the old KL4 heads you should put them up for sale in the EE or over on CPF, if they are in decent shape they will probably sell pretty quick - I know I might be interested.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a Surefire KX2C on one of my three 600As and need to replace the other two.

How does the Malkoff compare to the KX2C?

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:01:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Noone makes anything that even comes close to the Surefire 500 lumen heads. Not within a mile. I've played with the Malkoff stuff, and it has decent output, but the throw is dismal. Take Elzetta's new 375 lumen mini-WML. Its down-range performance is similar to the 120 lumen original M300A, if not worse. Indoors in a house the Malkoff/Elzetta work GREAT! though. The best option, actually. but for out-door or patrol use, I'd not use it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Noone makes anything that even comes close to the Surefire 500 lumen heads. Not within a mile. I've played with the Malkoff stuff, and it has decent output, but the throw is dismal. Take Elzetta's new 375 lumen mini-WML. Its down-range performance is similar to the 120 lumen original M300A, if not worse. Indoors in a house the Malkoff/Elzetta work GREAT! though. The best option, actually. but for out-door or patrol use, I'd not use it.
View Quote

There are custom built heads for the 6P Surefire you can mount with an adaptor.

They are available up to 4,400 Lumens!
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:58:30 PM EDT
[#17]
The Surefire KE-2 500 lumen head should drop right in on the Scout. For the price though, I'd just buy a complete Scout light and sell the existing unit to recoup some funds.
http://www.amazon.com/SureFire-KE2-A-WeaponLight-Conversion-Head/dp/B00KHXL42S/ref=pd_sim_sbs_200_9?ie=UTF8&refRID=0VXQVVTQ709JMVQGQ57B
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:31:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but how larger are they? How long is the run-time? How well do they do getting slapped over and over with muzzle-blast?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yes, but how larger are they? How long is the run-time? How well do they do getting slapped over and over with muzzle-blast?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "Pill" size is the same as a standard 6P, run time would be based on the battery.

I'm running a Panasonic 18650 3,400 mAh.

Considering the build quality of his other lights, I'd say damn reliable

Unfortunately he has sold out of this "Pill"

I grabbed one of the last few he manufactured...link
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:00:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The "Pill" size is the same as a standard 6P, run time would be based on the battery.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm familiar by reputation. He makes good gear, but I'd rather trust Malkoff or Surefire backed by quality primaries in a serious use weapon.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top