Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2014 11:47:53 AM EDT
I have several surefire lights of all types and basically all of them have the same color beam (bright white).  I just bought a M600u and of course I had to compare it to the lights I had on hand, namely a E2D ultra and a M300B (purchased this time last year).  

While the new M600u is extremely bright, I am disappointed in the color of the beam.  It is warmer than the lights I compared it to.  By warmer I mean the beam is more yellowish and less white.  

I called Surefire and was told that they are moving to a warmer less white beam as of may-june 2014.  

WTF?  Why would they do this?  I much prefer the bright white beam to the cheap looking yellowish beam of my new M600u.  

Are they just telling me shit to get me off the phone or has anyone else noticed this?  

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn

FOUR of the same topic!
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought some Elzettas recently and comparing to the 10 or so Surefire LED lights I have owned, the color rendition is the best I have seen.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn

FOUR of the same topic!
View Quote

Just wanted to make sure u saw it. Lol

Freaking work computer kept giving me the restricted site screen but posted it four times. If someone could delete the extra ones I would appriciate it
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been reading and it looks like the warmer color is preferred just took me by surprise is all.  I've actually learned a lot about the "led lottery" and it seems I should play the real lottery cause all 7 of my previous SFs have nice even white beams with no donut or green or pink or blueish tint.  Didn't know this was even an issue with SF lights until I started researching on the candlepower forums.  

I've been wanting an Elzetta for a while now.  Just put a alpha on my Christmas list.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top