Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/29/2014 10:57:03 AM EDT
Now that they have been out for a few years whats the verdict? They fit my needs as to a simple light weight light for my SBR. Is the durability and build quality up to task for hard use? Any know problems?
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#1]
The battery drain issue has kept me from pulling the trigger on one.  There is a thread around here that documents it pretty well.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:55:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Supposedly the battery drain problem has been fixed. I've had 4 WMLx's for months w/no sign of battery drain.
Tomac
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 2:57:22 AM EDT
[#3]
My two HSP lights are on the original batteries. I haven't  used them a ton, but they definitely haven't drained any batteries
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 3:04:54 AM EDT
[#4]
No battery drain here either...picked mine up for $75 off the EE.  It's the 200 lumen model, and works great on my SBR.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 8:43:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The battery drain issue has kept me from pulling the trigger on one.  There is a thread around here that documents it pretty well.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:05:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My two HSP lights are on the original batteries. I haven't  used them a ton, but they definitely haven't drained any batteries
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:35:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Never had an issue with my APL and I've had it awhile. I plan on getting a couple WML's in the near future.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Supposedly the battery drain problem has been fixed. I've had 4 WMLx's for months w/no sign of battery drain.
Tomac
View Quote

I have 3 WMLs and 1 WMLx and never had any either.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:24:37 PM EDT
[#9]
2 WML White/IR and 2 WMLx lights, all are on original batteries. The First WML White/IR was purchased over a year ago and has been used for several low light/no-light shoots this year as well as a bunch of night vision shooting. I will continue using them!
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I am running a WMLx and love it.  No battery issues at all!

I know a BUNCH of people running the WML's and NONE have had battery issues.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#11]
No issues here on my APLs or WMLxs.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Love mine
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:15:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Fantastic product made by even more fantastic people, right here in my little state.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 9:15:51 PM EDT
[#14]
2 HSP WMLs, 1 WMLX, and 1 APL with no battery drain issues.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 3:02:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I have the HSP and it has been perfect.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#16]
I got the HSP version off the EE and not a single issue with it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Looking for a black WML...anyone know where one can be picked up on sale? Right now they're about $130.00 everywhere.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Looking for a black WML...anyone know where one can be picked up on sale? Right now they're about $130.00 everywhere.

View Quote

http://www.amazon.com/InForce-Multifunction-Weapon-Mounted-INF-WML-B-W/dp/B00AF9YOFI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419201986&sr=8-1&keywords=inforce+wml
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#19]
bravo company has them for $109.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I just horse traded into a WMLx and it should be here today, so we shall see.  Still need to figure out how I want to mount it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Love mine
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/26/2014 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Can anyone compare the beam to a Surefire Scout Ultra?  The Ultra has a really strong throw, and in looking to put something on an 18" build.  I know the cost difference so please don't bring that up.  I'm just wondering how the long range throw is compared with the Scout Ultra.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#23]
What kind of mounting system does the light use. Say I wanted to install it on a Magpul moe handguard , what would I need?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:36:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What kind of mounting system does the light use. Say I wanted to install it on a Magpul moe handguard , what would I need?
View Quote

you would just need a 1913/picatinny rail section and you would be GTG.  For me, I think it would do better cantilevered forward a bit though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#25]
The MOE Illumination Kit has what you need, it includes a cantilevered section to allow you to mount it in a more forward position.

Magpul MOE Illumination Kit
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:27:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Love mine.  If I was clearing caves in Afghanistan I might want a bit more throw, but for inside the house/immediately outside the house where I would realistically be using it it works like a champ.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Can anyone comment on durability? Specifically, can the WML and WMLx stand up to being right next to a brake?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:07:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I think they are ok. Not that bright, but will do the job, and not that durable.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Can anyone comment on durability? Specifically, can the WML and WMLx stand up to being right next to a brake?
View Quote

Mine held up great next to a Battlecomp and a surfire.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:34:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Really tempted to pull the trigger on the HSP version since it seems perfect for my needs.

Just one concern... isn't 200 lumens kinda low? My buddy has the X300U from Surefire that has 500 lumens which is kinda shocking to me that the Inforce only has 200. Is extra lumens just not needed and an unnecessary drain on batteries?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:47:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Really tempted to pull the trigger on the HSP version since it seems perfect for my needs.

Just one concern... isn't 200 lumens kinda low? My buddy has the X300U from Surefire that has 500 lumens which is kinda shocking to me that the Inforce only has 200. Is extra lumens just not needed and an unnecessary drain on batteries?
View Quote

lumens are a common argument. a lot depends on what you plan to use the light for. indoors? 200 is more than plenty. outside? 200 will get you the immediate area, where 500 will let you see down range better.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:07:03 AM EDT
[#32]
I've had no issues with mine. 200L has been plenty for my usage. I'm looking to pick up another one soon. Love the ergos on this light for my grip technique.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:13:28 AM EDT
[#33]
The WMLx that I got is doing good so far.  No battery drain issues other than when my kids ran around the house playing with it.  I am not a huge fan of how it mounts, but its not terrible.  For a Quad rail, these would be sweet .  With an offset mount, I am on the fence.  I think I would rather run a pistol light (TLR or X300) in an offset mount because I think they would be more ergonomic.  That said, I still like the WMLx.  Its a bit long, but plenty bright and I like the option of momentary, or flip the switch and you can go constant or strobe.  Pretty slick IMO.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#34]
I had an original model. It was fine on an ar then I put it on a shotgun 870 pump and it broke.
Not exactly sure how it broke. The head , threaded ring, and battery were on the ground after 6 shots of 00 buck hornady.
The loads have a ton of recoil and the violent racking of the pump probable made it fail.
I assume it was the racking because the head , coil of threads , and battery were out in front of me afterwards.
The threads came out and the housing cracked where the threaded portion looks to be glued in.
The threads were not a part of the body like I'd thought.

Inforce replaced it with the newer one. It has a lever that goes from momentary only mode to the hi/lo strobe.
200 lumens. Im very happy to have the option of momentary only.

My hsp has been on my ar for about 1k rounds , one training class with no issues.

So maybe no go on a shotgun or  1 faulty product.

I've never had the batteries drain while off.

Some will think if the shotgun broke the light from just use then it won't withstand any hard abuse on an ar.

Can't beat the customer service though.
Maybe I'll run this one on my shotgun to see if it holds up.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:11:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

200 from my hsp and 200 inforce wmls both are plenty in my opinion
I have a surefire scout 500 lumens and it seems like a little much for my needs .
Might work for you though . Buy both

The new model from inforce has a momentary only mode like hsp and flip a switch for the hi lo strobe.
2 settings both work off of the thumb button like always.

I'm not sure if hsp has a different throw/ beam.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

lumens are a common argument. a lot depends on what you plan to use the light for. indoors? 200 is more than plenty. outside? 200 will get you the immediate area, where 500 will let you see down range better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lumens don't tell the whole story. It's a measurement of total light output, not intensity, which is measured by candela (what used to be called candlepower). Lux is also an important factor, as well as the design of the reflector. Candlepower Forums would be a good place to find a more in-depth explanation of these things by guys who are waaaay more informed on the matter than I.

I'm not arguing for or against the Inforce products, as I've never used any. Mostly Surefires and Streamlights so far. The Inforce WML does look interesting though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#37]
I have several friends with the WML's that like them.  Out in the country, too much light is rarely an issue.  I see a WMLx in my near future.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#38]
i almost hit buy on amazon until i read about the stupid battery drain issue
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I own two APL's & two WMLx's, none of them drain batteries.
Tomac
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Tomac
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

Same Experience here
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 1:08:04 AM EDT
[#41]
i've got two, both are great.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 8:20:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I had an original model. It was fine on an ar then I put it on a shotgun 870 pump and it broke.

Not exactly sure how it broke. The head , threaded ring, and battery were on the ground after 6 shots of 00 buck hornady.

The loads have a ton of recoil and the violent racking of the pump probable made it fail.

I assume it was the racking because the head , coil of threads , and battery were out in front of me afterwards.

The threads came out and the housing cracked where the threaded portion looks to be glued in.

The threads were not a part of the body like I'd thought.

View Quote

Finally got to shoot mine mounted on the side rail of a c39 pistol and the head and battery were on the ground after 15 rounds, kinda embarrassing. When I got home and tried fixing it, I couldn't screw the head back on. So my verdict: $110 of junk.

ETA: no battery drain issues though on mine though.

Link Posted: 2/7/2015 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#43]

they are good little lights.  I haven't had an issue with the battery drain stuff that I have heard about on the two that I own.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:18:21 AM EDT
[#44]
I got a WML White 200 Lumen about a year ago.   Installed it and put it aside for a few weeks.  When I picked it up the battery was dead. I assumed the battery I had installed had been almost dead to start with.  So I put in a brand new one.  A month later, dead again.   Email sent to Inforce, we'll see what they say.

ETA: This is the momentary-only model.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:44:25 AM EDT
[#45]
I have two APLs and two Haley WMLs.

Zero batterie issues.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Have one that had battery drain issue. Contacted them and sent it to get fixdd and works fine now.  I think they've fixed the issue but there may still be a few out there with issue. If u do get one that's busted they are good about replacing it. don't think they paid for the shipping to have it sent to them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:20:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Same Experience here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

Same Experience here

Also own 2, no drain.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I got a WML White 200 Lumen about a year ago.   Installed it and put it aside for a few weeks.  When I picked it up the battery was dead. I assumed the battery I had installed had been almost dead to start with.  So I put in a brand new one.  A month later, dead again.   Email sent to Inforce, we'll see what they say.

View Quote

Update:  

I measured the "off" current and found it was indeed very high, about 2.5 mA.  That will kill a new battery in about 2 weeks.  So I got an RMA number from Inforce and sent it in with a note describing the problem.  Two weeks later I received a package containing A NEW LIGHT!   And it's an updated version, with the side switch to control the momentary/continuous/strobe mode of operation.  There was also a note acknowledging the battery drain problem with the old one.  Today I measured the off current of the new one and it's on the order of 10uA, which is the limit of my meter's resolution.  That's an excellent figure.

This is great customer service.  I had purchased this light close to a year ago, and had no receipt etc.  Inforce nevertheless replaced it within 2 weeks, no questions asked.  You can't ask for more.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Update:  

I measured the "off" current and found it was indeed very high, about 2.5 mA.  That will kill a new battery in about 2 weeks.  So I got an RMA number from Inforce and sent it in with a note describing the problem.  Two weeks later I received a package containing A NEW LIGHT!   And it's an updated version, with the side switch to control the momentary/continuous/strobe mode of operation.  There was also a note acknowledging the battery drain problem with the old one.  Today I measured the off current of the new one and it's on the order of 10uA, which is the limit of my meter's resolution.  That's an excellent figure.

This is great customer service.  I had purchased this light close to a year ago, and had no receipt etc.  Inforce nevertheless replaced it within 2 weeks, no questions asked.  You can't ask for more.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Update:  

Did you obtain the RMA contacting them through [email protected] or calling them?

Sounds like maybe they've changed their tune from what other people reported when trying to get their battery drain issues addressed a while back. I may have to get in touch with them and see if they'll replace mine.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:34:19 PM EDT
[#50]
I sent them email about the problem and they replied with an RMA number within a day.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top