Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/19/2014 2:37:24 PM EDT
I am thinking seriously about swapping out the light on my AR (a Sun Optics light grip combo) for a mount for my 6Z and was wondering if anyone had experience with mounting one of these, and what to do about the momentary switch on the tailcap. The existing is bright and well made, but heavy and hangs low below the hand guard.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy a Solarforce L2m with tactical switch and forward grip or alternative for index.  Place the flashlight in a PLS-1 with the light mounted at the 7-8 position and place thumb over the button. You could also buy a regular Surefire host for around 40 bucks.  This setup is easily controlled and even a forward clickie solarforce is probably more reliable than a tape switch.  You can also fit a McClicky switch that will surpass Surfire tactical forward clickies in capacity.
For the drop-in I'd go with a Malkoff though I've had great success with Lumensfactory warm LED Drop-in from Lighthound.

I did read a thread some time ago on another forum where an individual purchased a Solarforce tape switch and basically completely rebuilt it to better than Surefire but I can't recall the details.

The PLS-1 mount can be easily slid off the end of the rail and used in a modified Roger's grip and you will still have your 6Z to use with handgun.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I changed over to an LED for the surefire some time ago, and was amazed at the difference (both in output and length of battery life).  The Sun Optics is really bright, and well built, but when you mount the light underneath, and then the battery compartment below that, you wind up with a real "Plowhandle".

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Will probably rotate the Krypto laser to the right side also.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top